last two Spyderco knives you cut yourself with

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cjk

last two Spyderco knives you cut yourself with

Post by cjk »

So what were the last two Spyderco knives you cut yourself with? I thought this might be fun-ish as I've cut myself on consecutive days with two different Spyderco knives. Neither cut was the least bit bad.

For me it was a K390 Endela and a CPM-20CV Yojimbo 2.
PocketShredder

Re: last two Spyderco knives you cut yourself with

Post by PocketShredder »

SmallFly 2.
Image:bug-red-white
"All God's critters have knives."
vivi

Post by vivi »

I can only remember the last 1. It was maybe 4 years ago when I was reprofiling a Pacific Salts tip on a benchstone before I bought a belt sander. Got my thumb pretty good.

It doesn't happen often. I joke with my kitchen crew you'll never see me cut myself with a knife....but I'll sure as **** find a way to cut myself on a cardboard box, hotel pan corner, edge of a trash can rim and other dumb things.
:unicorn
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Got the side of my left index finger with my K2 and the pad of my left thumb with my Zoomer, neither deep enough to bleed. Which is even more annoying in the long run.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Cut gloves, being careful, cutting away from yourself, and for the love of god not flicking/fidgeting like a lunatic... all make it easy to avoid cuts. Been about 5 years for me with my first SE knife...totally underestimated how sharp the serrations were on my Salt 2 SE.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
olywa

Post by olywa »

I nick myself from time to time, almost never get a deep cut. I'm in awe of you folks who haven't cut yourself in 3-5 years.
Fly Fishing Rick

Post by Fly Fishing Rick »

Nicked myself on the Smock, and my PM2 before that, got grabbed by the tip both times.
-Jimmy
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

No yet🙏Ing never.
benben

Post by benben »

Most recent, nicked myself with my newly gifted serrated Harpy this past Christmas. Before that, years ago with a freshly touched up Caly 3.5, cut my thumb pretty deep with that one!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Gee in my case you should have said the "Last 200" instead of the last two. I've owned and used dozens of Spyderco knives and I've been bitten by at least half of them. Oh most bites have been pretty minor dings but still had to be bandaged.

The two worst cuts I ever had came from the C-52 Caly JR, ZDP-189 model and my M390 Military. And that's probably because I've used those two so much. But I can assure all of you I'm no stranger to the color RED :flushed
James Y

Post by James Y »

I know the most recent Spyderco that cut me was my DLC Manix 2, right after I resharpened the edge. Not long ago, maybe a few weeks ago.

The one before that was probably my SE Ladybug Salt. I was practicing opening and closing the little knife one-handed (it can be done, and I have medium-sized hands), and I didn't get my ring finger out of the way in time as the blade was closing. My sample has a very strong closing bias. The serrations bit a little into my ring finger. Nothing drastic, though.

My worst cuts have been by non-Spyderco knives. Probably because Spydercos are the most ergonomic ones I use.

Jim
270ultimate

Post by 270ultimate »

Only done it once. Matriarch 2.

...and let me tell ya, the words of Doug Marcaida were running through my mind as it was happening.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Only one cut ever, to a finger, by a small ZT. No cuts by any other brand. I was testing the ZT to see if it would close on my hand by very lightly pressing on the back of the blade, and BOOM it shut. I sent the knife back to be worked on by ZT and it is fine now.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

Nicked my hand cleaning a Serrata and before that I somehow dropped a 52100 Para 2 on one of my toes.

My worst Spyderco byte so far was from a SE Ark.
404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

A Siren and a Police.

The Siren as I dropped it shut, caught me right behind the nail on the index finger. Needed band-aids for a few days on that one.

Today I noticed I had a little flap of skin on the tip of my thumb. Clean slice, never felt it, no band-aids required.
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

I stand corrected...

In the 20 minutes since I posted my answer I managed to stab myself in the finger with the very stabby tip of a Worker. I had about 20 knives out for my calendar shoot and guess I was in too big of a hurry to clean up so I could go to bed. I'll do everyone a favor and not post a photo of this. :eye-roll
404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

I've only cut myself once with a Spyderco. It was a few months ago and I don't even remember what knife it was. All I recall is that I didn't feel the cut but only realized that it happened when I saw blood on my finger.
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

SE wharnie Endura while installing the micarta scales.
Those points are sharp
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

I rarely cut myself with my knives, but the last time I cut myself I was showing off my new Manix in front off some siblings. Flicked it out with a downward motion and somehow managed to hit just above my kneecap. Cut through my khakis and left a nice little gash. Worst part is I was completely sober.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
Teddy0215

Post by Teddy0215 »

Native Chief this past Sunday while repairing a pull string on a ceiling light. Never even felt it. Caribbean before that a while back when it slipped out of my hand cleaning with soap.
Slightly obsessed…