Military 2 Discussion (Merged)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Military 2 Discussion (Merged)

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

kennethsime wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:46 pm
Very psyched to see the Millie 2 on the table during the BHQ video from Shot Show.

Also psyched on the promise of more Crucarta in Reveal 15. These days I’m buying fewer knives, and if I can get the Crucarta version straight from the factory I’m a happy camper.
I have a feeling the M2 Crucarta may be the next from what Eric stated in the interview . I could be totally wrong but since the S110V has appeared it would make sense . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

That Crucarta M2 is a very nice looking knife. I have absolutely no reason for one, already having two other Millie's...something tells me it will eventually end up in the collection! If those handle patina the same way the Crucarta Shaman did for me, then it's a must have. Love how those scales look/feel now after a few years.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I hope that both sides are finished like this side of my PM2:

And not like this side of my PM2:

I think I can just sand it with some fine sandpaper, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

I think the finish on the Shaman is my favorite.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I'm an idiot. I was thinking it was a very hard choice to make, between CruCarta Military 2 and S90V&CF Military 2.

CruCarta is full liners, I got to take that and make it my own !

Even if S90V&CF sprints are just the top of the top
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I'm defintely going to grab a Crucarta M2. I've regretted missing out on the original gray Cruwear Millie sprint years ago, and will not let that happen again.
IMG_0561.jpeg
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Fortunately the Crucarta models are regular production, so they should be available for at least more than one run.
-Nick :bug-red
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Ordered Monday from Dack at 49% off 2023 prices; arrived yesterday. Holey-Moley what a knife! I wasn’t sold on the compression lock for this generation but man, I’m a fan now. Side-by-side with the Military 1 I realize how much I was feeling the cutout for the liner lock before. This is a nice, full hand filling knife. Great job from the Golden factory, they consistently turn out very well put together knives; the edge on this thing is nice and symmetrical. Sitting out back dragging it over a fine ceramic stone now.
Last edited by Hopsbreath on Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Hopsbreath wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:59 pm
Sitting out back dragging it over a fine ceramic stone now.
Looking forward to doing the same with a Crucart Millie 2 soon!
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

struggling with this one... i was set on getting the dlc millie 2, but then i got the dlc yojumbo and that satiated me for a little while on the large black knife front. then the crucarta started tempting me. then there is some buzz about a possible 15v version. then i hear rumors about spy27/blue g10 across the golden line and that would be really sweet. then i hear they're doing magnacut across the board, and of course i would really like a millie 2 salt in the styling of that coated pm2 salt that's on it's way.

fortunately, a lack of knife funding is allowing me to sit back and wait a bit, but i'm having a hard time figuring out which i will choose. and i know there is always the 'all of them' answer, but that's not going to cut it (pun intended) for me unless i get a military in hand and it somehow dethrones the manix as my favorite knife ever. besides the manix, i don't really do duplicates. i guess i'll wait and see what reveal 15 has in store for us.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

ladybug93 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:20 pm
struggling with this one... i was set on getting the dlc millie 2, but then i got the dlc yojumbo and that satiated me for a little while on the large black knife front. then the crucarta started tempting me. then there is some buzz about a possible 15v version. then i hear rumors about spy27/blue g10 across the golden line and that would be really sweet. then i hear they're doing magnacut across the board, and of course i would really like a millie 2 salt in the styling of that coated pm2 salt that's on it's way.

fortunately, a lack of knife funding is allowing me to sit back and wait a bit, but i'm having a hard time figuring out which i will choose. and i know there is always the 'all of them' answer, but that's not going to cut it (pun intended) for me unless i get a military in hand and it somehow dethrones the manix as my favorite knife ever. besides the manix, i don't really do duplicates. i guess i'll wait and see what reveal 15 has in store for us.
The Millie 2 has dethroned all other pocket knives, by a large margin. Truly, Spyderco's Flagship model, IMHO.

I know you prefer the Salt editions of knives, but if you really want a taste of the Millie 2, I'd say purchase a variant that is currently readily available sooner-than-later, as prices are only going to go up for future standard and Sprint productions. Then you'll know if a Sprint, or future edition is worth the inevitably inflated future pricing.
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Another set of Sharp Dressed Knives scales reporting in, these are copper marbled CF. The clip is a Lynch left-handed Para 3 clip, which I think works great for the Military 2, gets rid of that bit of hump that sticks out using their standard PM2 clip. This is definitely one of the nicest custom Spydies I’ve ever put together!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:04 pm
Another set of Sharp Dressed Knives scales reporting in, these are copper marbled CF. The clip is a Lynch left-handed Para 3 clip, which I think works great for the Military 2, gets rid of that bit of hump that sticks out using their standard PM2 clip. This is definitely one of the nicest custom Spydies I’ve ever put together!
That's one Sharp Dressed knife!
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

Some simple customization, added a little traction tape to the Mil2 pocket clip. Helps with the draw, and adds a little personalization.

Spyderco is working on new coating technology / colors. Photoshop of what a 'Military Green' coating could look like (not sure if this color is actually possible but I think it really suits the Mil2)

T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

mark greenman wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:48 pm
Some simple customization, added a little traction tape to the Mil2 pocket clip. Helps with the draw, and adds a little personalization.

Spyderco is working on new coating technology / colors. Photoshop of what a 'Military Green' coating could look like (not sure if this color is actually possible but I think it really suits the Mil2)

I like that, may have to steal your idea for my m2. If I had to nit pick one tiny thing on this pretty much perfect folder, it would be the new pocket clip style doesn’t allow it to slide fluidly out of my back pocket like the OG Millie. But man do I love this thing, pretty much instantly became my favorite spyderco ever.
Jaret

Post by Jaret »

Greetings to all Military fans!
Today my beauty changed into a new dress :party-face
How do you like it? :smirk

https://youtube.com/shorts/u1X6eWwFzeg? ... _1rCudnBEe

sovereign

Post by sovereign »

Has there been a change to the blurple from the OG to the 2? Or, is the OG in this video very old and there was a general change to the G10 on all s110v models a while ago? The 2 looks darker, less purple, more transparent, and… much better IMO.

ETA: Moved this question here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93325&p=1772959#p1772959
Last edited by sovereign on Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phaust

Post by phaust »

sovereign wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:31 pm
Has there been a change to the blurple from the OG to the 2? Or, is the OG in this video very old and there was a general change to the G10 on all s110v models a while ago? The 2 looks darker, less purple, more transparent, and… much better IMO.
The 1 had to have special extra layer/extra strength G10, so you're probably right the new is fewer layers and more transparent.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Cruwear Micarta:
KnifeWorks... https://knifeworks.com/spyderco-militar ... -c36mpcw2/

Edit: Out of stock
Last edited by Buddafucco on Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
horzuff

Post by horzuff »

I wonder when the 15V will come out. Can't wait to get it to pair with my S110V Mili2 :D
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

This Crucarta M2 is the first knife in at least a year that, as of today, has a tab open and dedicated in my browser.