Did the cruwear micarta pm2 just start shipping or have they been out for a while?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VG10

Did the cruwear micarta pm2 just start shipping or have they been out for a while?

Post by VG10 »

I just got my micarta cruwear pm2 that I ordered last year. How long have these been shipping for?
sovereign

Re: Did the cruwear micarta pm2 just start shipping or have they been out for a while?

Post by sovereign »

They have been available for 5 months. Lol.
JRinFL

Re: Did the cruwear micarta pm2 just start shipping or have they been out for a while?

Post by JRinFL »

Not every vendor got them at the same time, nor did they get all they ordered in the fist batch. Seems like yours was from a later batch.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

These have been quite interesting to try and chase down. I had one pre-ordered from a well known dealer when a number of other dealers started getting small amounts in. I realized my pre-order was going to take a long time to be filled so I cancelled the pre-order and ordered from a dealer with some in stock. I do not like doing this but it enabled me to get one early on. They seem to be coming in a slow steady stream since.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Knife center just got a big batch. They’ve been shipping a few at a time to most vendors until now.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.