Thanx much!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Thanx much!

Post by sal »

Hi All,

It seems that a bad smell breached our castle walls. Some of you noticed it. My apologies. It took a couple of days to find out where it was coming from before we could make it go away.

My thanx to all of you that helped, you are a really great bunch. Tom was amazing. A big thanx to Kristi, staying on top of it and solving it in her usual perceptive, efficient manner.

Sometimes you have to clean house. We appreciate you .

sal
ZrowsN1s

Re: Thanx much!

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Thanks for keeping the place clean Kristi and others.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Sal, you run a nice site. People come in and sometimes don’t know the guidelines you’ve set up to keep everyone focused on what the site is about; sharing information.

My religious and political beliefs can’t help anyone on this site learn or make informed decisions. And insulting others is just a distraction/noise.

I understand it’s easy when people have fear to want to stir the pot a little. But we are all here to not take ourselves too seriously and learn a little in the process! Thanks for sharing your insight into your world as a knife maker. I really enjoy my time here.
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Something has been going on the last few weeks on this site. I don't know what happened, but it seems sorted out.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Thank you Sal and Kristi!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Thank you!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

It was really nice to see us all band together, and despite the way over the line replies that (I suspect teenager) was throwing out constantly...NOBODY stooped to his level. I was pretty impressed by that. The vulgarity of that person was unbelievable, I've never seen anybody post like that around here before.

The castle is safe, and though it's not up to us...we stand guard for this forum when Sal and Co. aren't around! Thank you for eliminating the enemy.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thanks Sal and Kristi ! Really no reason to cross this river twice in the same place . Hats off to fellow Forum members . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Bravo!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Thank you Sal and Tom and Kristi!

We never lost what we are. We just had someone who was never taught how to behave that joined. We get them, time to time, but they don't last long.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

You're always the example of class and good conduct Sal and that situation was just another example.
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

When I smell an aroma around the house it usually means the kitty litter box needs its daily scooping out.

I noticed the aroma Sal mentioned and thought it was very odd.

Thanks to your crew, Sal, for scooping it out. ;)
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Thanks to Sal, Kristi, MJ, and all for setting a good example.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Keep it clean! :respect
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Will agree with the sentiments already expressed and add my thanks to all for how this burden was borne and dispensed with.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

When these things happen I try to not get in the way. Adding noise just causes more work for the Spyderco team so I sit back and let things work out. As much as I like Kristi I admit I don't think I'd want to get her angry. Sal either .
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I haven't been on as much lately and when I am I haven't been reading as many of the threads as I usually do. I think I saw some of what was going on but I'm glad I really didn't see that there was one specific person intentionally causing trouble. Happy to hear it's behind us
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:54 am
It was really nice to see us all band together, and despite the way over the line replies that (I suspect teenager) was throwing out constantly...NOBODY stooped to his level. I was pretty impressed by that. The vulgarity of that person was unbelievable, I've never seen anybody post like that around here before.

The castle is safe, and though it's not up to us...we stand guard for this forum when Sal and Co. aren't around! Thank you for eliminating the enemy.
yeah... i disagree. there were a handful of people that were far less than hospitable and made matters worse with their own comments. if we really wanted to do the right thing, we should've refrained from posting and just report the inappropriate comments for moderators' attention. i definitely wouldn't say no one stooped to his level.

even now with all the praise in this thread... seems a shame to praise shutting someone down and to compare him to feces or a stench that need to be discarded while claiming moral superiority. however vulgar his language or negative his attitude, he's still a human.

i'm not saying i don't understand the need to remove people at times, but there's a lot of this type of quieting of voices we don't like in our culture and it's not something to celebrate, even if it's necessary occasionally.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
James Y

Post by James Y »

TBH, I did respond a little, because I'm nobody's doormat. But I was almost tempted to respond to that person with equal or greater nastiness...I can be very nasty if I want to be. But then I remembered why I never trade insults online, from behind a keyboard. What would that have accomplished? Nothing.

Also, and most importantly, it would have further polluted the atmosphere and reflected poorly on Sal, Kristy, Mr. Janich, the fine members here, and on myself. IMO, one of the main points of life should be to work at becoming a better human being, and not allow those who display low-level behavior to pull you down to their level. I'm still working on it, but observing Sal's attitude towards things over the years has helped me a lot in that regard.

Sal is a fine role model, which extends far beyond the subject of knives.

Jim
Last edited by James Y on Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I like a good melt down and some drama occasionally, but i really appreciate that it's kept in check here. :check-mark
•• Beau