boomerang buys?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sethwm

boomerang buys?

Post by sethwm »

What spyderco knives have you bought, sold, missed, and rebought? For me, that’s my cruwear delica and k390 endela.
ZrowsN1s

Re: boomerang buys?

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Only one I wished I'd held onto was my cruwear para3. Didn't repurchase because they're like $400 on the secondary :zany
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Never actually 🤷‍♂️

I've come close with a few but if I sell them (which is extremely rare) there's usually a good reason because I think it through a lot before I buy.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Nate

Post by Nate »

For me it’s the Delica. Not a specific variant, just the model itself. On my third one one now. Feels like it’s one I should own and appreciate, but it can’t seem to find much if any pocket time with me. Mainly blame the UKPK, which makes most other Spydies in my collection redundant for day-to-day tasks.
:spyder:
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

The only knife i had and don’t have now and have considered replacing is the Chinook 2, which was my favourite spydie. A) I didn’t sell it, i lost it B) I feel like repeating purchases is redundant, and like to embrace the burning disappointment of no longer having it.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Only one I can think of is the original C54 Calypso. Bought one and, a while later, gifted it to a friend who admired it. Year or so after that I bought another one, which later wound up being sent off to another friend and, a couple years later, purchased the one I have now.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

My C44 Dyad was one of my first Spyderco’s and sold it a few years ago thinning my herd thinking since it wasn’t getting a lot of pocket time I would not miss it . Huge mistake on my part and mentioned it a friend . A new in box came to my house at the end of last year same friend had an extra sitting in a brief case for over twenty years . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Holland

Post by Holland »

I did this twice with the Superblue delica. End result, it became my most carried knife for multiple years

Also did this with the gayle bradley air. Purchase and sold it three times. Such a great knife on paper, but the lack of a pocket clip and the VERY weak detent made it uncomfortable to carry. Was always worried it would open in the bottom of my pocket
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Manix 2 LW.

Owned and enjoyed one in BD1 for about a year, but then sold it and thought I had moved on from this model for good, for the Stretch 1 was just even better for me in that particular size range.

Then some time later I somehow "happened to own" a BD1N version again, I think to some part I just wanted to see how I like translucent scales (which this model had) and then sell it again.

I DID sell this one eventually indeed, but generally just liked the Manix 2 LW so much in its second time around, that now I just always have to have at least one. And this one is and will always be my REX 45 version, unless (heaven forbid!!) I´ll loose it someday.
I mean, if I´ll ever find a brown XHP Manix LW (Ladybug 93 likes to torture us with the pics of his... :winking-tongue ;) ) I´ll end up ownig TWO versions, no doubt... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Just one boomerang. The Stretch2 with the ivory-colored FRN.

Its color bugged me (I do love this color in the smoothed G10 LIl’Nilakka…) and, as a loyal Stretch fan, I also lamented the straight-spine (even while entertaining it as a midlock PM2).

But, hey, it’s a Glesser design, which is why I’m here, so if a straight spine is what is offered, who am I to see it as illegitimate in the Stretch? Or the Tanto in a PM2, for that matter?

Now I have an SS Stretch2 again, but in K390, a steel that particularly intrigues me, and in a color I really like.

I do remain hopeful that the drop-point is not a thing of the past. I think it would be lovely in the Stretch2 XL.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

C-50 Centofante. I gave mine to a cousin as a graduation present because it was his favorite knife. Years later, my wife got me a new one because she knew how much I loved the design. (This one I will keep 😉).
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
vivi

Post by vivi »

I've done that a few times.

Traded my first Perrin Bowie for my first serrated Pacific Salt. Missed the bowie so I bought a replacement a few years ago.

Had my last Military stolen in 2014 and got a replacement after missing having that model in my rotation.

Sold my C95 Manix folders after deciding I prefer the lighter, easier to carry Police and Military folders. Ended up buying another.

Sold an original Street Beat because at the time I rarely carried fixed blades. Hunted down another micarta scaled Street Beat last year.
:unicorn
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

None because I rarely ever sell any and I have other versions of those that I have. There's a couple models that I could probably part with and never buy again but it's not because I don't like them. It's more because I have another model that's similar that I like a little better and tend to carry more
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

First step for me would be to practice sound financial judgement and sell a few off! 😖
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
benben

Post by benben »

The Delica for me. Buy and give away, buy and give away, guilty of this four or five times. Just a couple weeks back I gave my saber grind Delica to my daughter to take back to college. Looks like I'm due to buy another one any time.
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

I've done this twice. Once with a Bradley Folder 1 and with a Para 2. The Para 2 went from a S30V to 52100.

I have also gifted a knife and bought it again with the Hap40 Caly 3.
jdw

Post by jdw »

I have a lot more knives that I wonder why I bought than knives that I have have gifted or sold and bought again. I boomeranged a Knifeworks CF/Ti millie but selling it was a complete lapse of reason in the first place. I gave my son a HAP40 Stretch that I replaced but I am not sure that really counts as a boomerang. I also gifted a friend my K390 Urban that I never replaced but wish I had so I guess that’s a lost boomerang?
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
DrHE

Post by DrHE »

Pikal! Had 2 and did it 2x. Love them but just doesn’t stay closed in my pocket so I went to a reverse.
M.N.O.S.D. 0031
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I sold a few around 2010 when finances were extremely tight. Cento4 and the H1 Spyderhawk were ones I had to redeem.

I regret selling my Captain around that same era. It was so weird and I loved it. I’d buy a Sprint of that if they ever did it. Maybe with some teeth on the hook part? ;)
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Haven't sold anything yet but may someday. Never say never.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/