Your Spyderco Christmas Eve And Christmas Day EDC

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Water Bug

Your Spyderco Christmas Eve And Christmas Day EDC

Post by Water Bug »

Merry Christmas!!! :smlling-eyes

Time to pick out your Spyderco knife (knives) for your holiday carry. So, what :bug-red-white are you EDCing on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

My Spyderco CTS 204P Military is in rotation this week, so that's my EDC for these days. Along with my CTS 204P Military, I'll be EDCing my Spyderco Delica 4s in PE and SE. If we go out, I'll swap out my Delica 4 PE with my Spyderco Assist in Orange FRN as my VEDC.

How about you? :smlling-eyes
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Evil D

Re: Your Spyderco Christmas Eve And Christmas Day EDC

Post by Evil D »

Eve I'm working so it'll be my Autonomy like always and my MagnaMule, and Christmas day will be what my wife got me for Christmas that I already got early which was my Ayoob.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Glad you brought this up. Because to celebrate this wonderful holiday I do plan on getting out a couple of my Spyderco Golden Oldies. I think I'm going to get out my original C-44 Dyad as my primary EDC and have the older VG-10 Spyderhawk as my serrated companion blade. I do remember last Christmas actually using my EDC blade quite a bit that day. The ATS-55 in the original C-44 Dyad takes a really nice edge in PE & SE both.

I really love those older models anyway. On Thanksgiving I EDCed my C-46 Lum Tanto Folder which also has ATS-55 and it was fun going back to an older model. I hope all of you have a great holiday season.
Granoo Fink

Post by Granoo Fink »

It will be the same as in the last couple of weeks before, my K390 Delica. Ok, it will get a coarse grit sharpening today, followed by a 1my Diamond strop and a nice cleaning 😃
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I’ve come to let the spirits (not the Christmas ones) determine what I pocket.

Today, it’s my ATR2.

I don’t bother to predict what’s next, or when. Que sera sera. I love that particular kind of freedom, which Spyderco makes so fun.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Spicy Suplex

Post by Spicy Suplex »

Also glad you brought this up! It's a special Christmas for me this time, in relation to Spyderco. My lovely wife has returned my very first Spyderco to me, the Centofante III, which was stolen from me a long long time ago. Unfortunately at the time it was lifted from me, I wasn't really in the financial position to go out and buy another, it was more of a "welp, guess I'm not meant to own a nice knife", and so it went for quite a few years. Whoever walked away with it still must have it, or maybe luck would have it that it was stolen from them as well, but luckily Spyderco is still producing the Cento (props for that), and I'm way happier with my new version, with all the thought and love that went behind it as a gift. Never again will I have trouble knowing what to reach for on Christmas morning!

So yeah, that!
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Now that ^ would be a reason for me to reach for a particular Spydie at Christmas.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
BrokenArrow

Post by BrokenArrow »

It will be my PM2 with warncliffe blade and my Gerber EAB. The EAB is for helping the little ones open their packages. No use dulling the PM2 on cardboard and plastic.
LakeOconee

Post by LakeOconee »

Dragonfly LW Wharny for all unwrapping and opening tasks.

You know how it goes, the current knife opens the box of the next knife :)

Happy Christmas!
:bug-red-white MNOSD Member #0037
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

Police 4 K390 SE is on 🎁 duty! Going to UPS at lunch to get it! Going to have teeth marks on everything from cheese to cardboard.

Gifting out 3 knives tomorrow, need to let someone enjoy them because I left them in the box or bought 1 to many.
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
Netherend

Post by Netherend »

S30v manix and my native 5 salt were perfect on christmas. The native salt was great for opening packages and tiny zip ties in my 3 year old daughter’s toy packaging . They zip tie those dolls down to the packaging like they are Hannibal Lecter being transported through Times Square. The Native Salt is also very easy to find if I drop it because it’s bright and reflective. The manix 2 g10 was a champ at breaking down large piles of boxes with ease. I know that this has been said before but Manix 2 G10 ergonomics are confidence inspiring. It just locks perfectly in hand and I am never afraid to put it to work.
Just one more knife...
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

My ZDP 189 DF2, which I'd bet I have taken to many Christmas celebrations.
MNOSD member 0030
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I had my Watu, my fluted cf Native 5 and the Native 5 Salt to help prepping everything.
(Next time, my new Native Chief will be the prepper!)
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds