More Smooth G-10?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mpc2

More Smooth G-10?

Post by mpc2 »

I love the smooth G-10 Spyderco did , as in the native 5, para 3 , and paramilitary 2 Knifecenter Exclusives.
Is there potential for more (Chief, another paramilitary 2 run, ...) ?

Kind regards
sal

Re: More Smooth G-10?

Post by sal »

Hi Mpc2,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

I'm sure there will be more. When and what are the surprise.

Welcome to the forum.
Last edited by Airlsee on Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So it goes.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Since Knifecenter likes to do these kinds of exclusives, I guess they'll try to make more with other models in the future !
They like to stick to their "touch" on exclusives, like with the black and orange pattern or with Pakkawood.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Nice marmot

Post by Nice marmot »

I have the knife center para 3 in smooth g10. I also recently got the Smokey mountain knife works exclusive para 2 in fat carbon. I find the texture of both very similar and I much prefer it to the grippy, tear my jeans up, regular g10.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm kind of the opposite concerning G-10 handle/scales. I really like the more "grippy" G-10 scales for most of the work I do. Some of the work that I encounter on a daily basis I really need a sure and confident grip for the most part. I also like the fact that most G-10 handles even when they are wet they still have has a nice grip.

But what the heck maybe I'll try one of these newer smooth G-10 handles just to see how it compares to Spyderco's other G-10 handles that they have used for some time now. G-10 and Titanium are currently my two favorite handle materials.
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

I'm okay with smooth G10 as long as it's on a model whose shape provides a secure grip in spite of the slick handle material. This is why I'm not thrilled with the smooth G10 on my DLT exclusive Kapara.