Describe the upsides and downsides of your favorite knife in a single statement.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
metaphoricalsimile

Describe the upsides and downsides of your favorite knife in a single statement.

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

For example:

Manix 2: has great ergos, needs big pockets.
TheGiant80

Re: Describe the upsides and downsides of your favorite knife in a single statement.

Post by TheGiant80 »

Pac Salt 1 SE: Is ideal in every scenario I’ve put it up against, lack of washers makes the action sluggish over time.
metaphoricalsimile

Re: Describe the upsides and downsides of your favorite knife in a single statement.

S90V Para 3 LW: practically perfect in every way except the many tiny ways it's not.
attila

Post by attila »

I have two:

The CBBL is the best lock, but is let down by the overall availability and edge-to-blade length ratio of the Manix.

The Shaman’s potential to be the best knife is ruined by its overly fat BTE thickness.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Albertaboyscott

Post by Albertaboyscott »

Manix2 g10 rex45. Upside- Great ergos, rock solid and excellent steel.
Downside- I only bought two
SRT392HEMI

Post by SRT392HEMI »

While the Para3 is not necessarily my favorite, it truly shines as a compact edc that can handle up to 99% of everyday tasks. Downside is the requirement of an aftermarket clip for concealment, and ergos not as good as bigger brother.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

PPT Perrin: The best looking knife that Spyderco has ever made but it's discontinued. :winking-tongue

PPT Perrin: Phenomenal design but it's heavy.
-Nick :bug-red
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Urban - comfortable handle, small, thin grinds, classic Calypso blade shape - made in Italy with the Italian quirks, ugly frn pattern
metaphoricalsimile

GarageBoy wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:47 pm
Urban - comfortable handle, small, thin grinds, classic Calypso blade shape - made in Italy with the Italian quirks, ugly frn pattern
I saw a picture of someone's Urbans the other day and they all had distinctly different blade grinds :rofl

Kinda how I assume Italian craftsmanship will usually turn out tbh.
metaphoricalsimile

Dragonfly 2: lots of handle for a blade its size.
pngeezer

Post by pngeezer »

Sage 5 LW - ergonomics and fun-factor to die for!
:bug-red Native 5 LW Spy27, Cat, Delica, Sage 5LW S30V :bug-red-white
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

My favorite Spyderco folder is the Native Chief, and I'd like it to open when I draw it from my pocket.

I contacted 5X5 Combat Solutions and they said that they would start working on an opening system for that knife next!!! :party-face

I'll buy at least 2 maybe 4 of those opening systems.
Last edited by Naperville on Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Military: perfect knife, I don’t think there is a downside.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Rockjumper
Pros:Comfortable handle, no choil, super smooth action.
Cons: Kinda wide in the pocket, no Salt version yet, lined FRN.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Native 5 : best ergos for my hand, continuous curve from bottom to tip. However, would like it to be a bit thinner BTE (so the stock too).
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Mantra 2 is my favorite EDC as it carries so well and has an all around general purpose configuration. Downside is that I didn't pick up a spare when they were discontinued at $114.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

GB1 Well,the best knife ever - discontinued
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Ok, now do it in knife Haiku

Five syllables in the first line
Seven syllables in the second line
Five syllables in the third line

;)
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Pokey wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:29 pm
Ok, now do it in knife Haiku

Five syllables in the first line
Seven syllables in the second line
Five syllables in the third line

;)
Native 5 lightweight
Perfect size for EDC
Should come with wire clip
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

Naperville wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:13 pm
My favorite Spyderco folder is the Native Chief, and I'd like it to open when I draw it from my pocket.

I contacted 5X5 Combat Solutions and they said that they would start working on an opening system for that knife next!!! :party-face

I'll buy at least 2 maybe 4 of those opening systems.
That's very interesting news.