Cut myself.... again

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ykspydiefan

Cut myself.... again

Post by ykspydiefan »

IMG_20211004_193820352.jpg

I thought there was a, "cut myself" thread, but it would not search out for me. Well, cut myself.... again.

I have been working moose hide. I was holding, stretching, cutting towards my hand and making great progress. Rookie mistakes. Ooops.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, Catcherman, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
JRinFL

Re: Cut myself.... again

Post by JRinFL »

Unless it costs $1200 dollars in Co-pays and all of your remaining PTO, 'tis but a scratch!

Rub some dirt in it and walk it off!*
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 2.28.59 PM.jpg

*Don't follow this bad advice!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Here you go!....

You earned it!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Monty

Post by Monty »

Thread closed, you win. 😮
JRinFL wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:29 pm
Unless it costs $1200 dollars in Co-pays and all of your remaining PTO, 'tis but a scratch!

Rub some dirt in it and walk it off!*
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 2.28.59 PM.jpg

*Don't follow this bad advice!
Albertaboyscott

Post by Albertaboyscott »

Lol me too. Opened my hand up w my adamas on fri. I was impared so didn't go to the hospital. Crazy glue works awesome!
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Just sharing, no one wins the, Cut Myself game. Nice badge though, I'll take a sticker version for the tool box please.

Hey JRinFL I sure hope you recover well.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, Catcherman, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
z1r

Post by z1r »

Ok, so I picked up a nice Benchmade Mini-Grip. The handle is a bit smaller than I guess I am used to and while checking out the ease of opening/closing, the tip of the blade sliced my palm. Note to self: Fidgety is not always good! :zany

But I was impressed with how sharp the blade was. Think I may like the 154CM.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

ykspydiefan wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:32 pm
Just sharing, no one wins the, Cut Myself game. Nice badge though, I'll take a sticker version for the tool box please.

Hey JRinFL I sure hope you recover well.
The only winners are those who learn from someone else's mistake!

Thanks, so far so good but it is early days yet.
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Albertaboyscott wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:46 pm
Lol me too. Opened my hand up w my adamas on fri. I was impared so didn't go to the hospital. Crazy glue works awesome!
I was looking for crazy glue, but soon realized it was worse than it first seemed. Just 1mm too deep. :confounded
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

z1r wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:33 pm
Ok, so I picked up a nice Benchmade Mini-Grip. The handle is a bit smaller than I guess I am used to and while checking out the ease of opening/closing, the tip of the blade sliced my palm. Note to self: Fidgety is not always good! :zany

But I was impressed with how sharp the blade was. Think I may like the 154CM.
My only other serious cut was from a full sized version of that knife, 20 years ago.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

So here is my dilemma. A couple days ago I was opening a box with my Drunken and I accidentally drop the knife. I had two options; get out of the way and let it hit the floor or try to catch it. I did the second and got a nice bite in the crease of my finger.

Now this has happened multiple times, don’t ask, and I often let it hit the floor (usually tip down). This time I caught it and I have to say I’d do it again not to have to correct a bet tip. What would y’all do?
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

Dazen wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:59 pm
So here is my dilemma. A couple days ago I was opening a box with my Drunken and I accidentally drop the knife. I had two options; get out of the way and let it hit the floor or try to catch it. I did the second and got a nice bite in the crease of my finger.

Now this has happened multiple times, don’t ask, and I often let it hit the floor (usually tip down). This time I caught it and I have to say I’d do it again not to have to correct a bet tip. What would y’all do?
I wouldn't drop it.
Albertaboyscott

Post by Albertaboyscott »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:45 pm
Albertaboyscott wrote:
I was looking for crazy glue, but soon realized it was worse than it first seemed. Just 1mm too deep. :confounded
Yeah sometimes a few stitches are unavoidable. Hope you heal up quick
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Severed extensor tendon on my trigger finger. $25,000 was a lot of money 35 years ago. A major learning experience. Since then, everything has been comparatively minor. :releived
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

skeeg11 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:48 pm
Severed extensor tendon on my trigger finger. $25,000 was a lot of money 35 years ago. A major learning experience. Since then, everything has been comparatively minor. :releived
You live in the US ? :frowning-open-mouth 25k for a severed tendon is premium motorcycle money...
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

YessireeBob! Blessed to be 100% red blooded American. :smlling-eyes
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I bet a new Spyderco would make that cut feel better! :party-face
Jim's cut... Maybe not so much. :cloud-rain
•• Beau
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

skeeg11 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:48 pm
That’s still a lot of money! Glad it healed well. Until someone named “Stumpy” enters the thread, you are the front runner. :grin-squint
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Albertaboyscott wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:18 pm
JRinFL wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:45 pm
Albertaboyscott wrote:
Yeah sometimes a few stitches are unavoidable. Hope you heal up quick
Thank you.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Dazen wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:59 pm

Automatic response got best of me this time, but usually I let it drop and jump back. Tendons are not far under the skin so I recommend the “let it hit the floor” option. Just make sure your feet are clear as well!
M.N.O.S.D. 0001