Spyderco Swap!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
D-fens

Re: Spyderco Swap!

Post by D-fens »

Wow I need to check this out. I’m n1t4zq8 on Reddit.
:bug-red-white "D-Fens" :usflag
HolySteel

Post by HolySteel »

cabfrank wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:43 pm
Click on vivi's user name, go to the signature line at the bottom, click on join us at Spyderco Swap, then click the old reddit link. It will take you there. I hope you have some Spydies to sell. There hasn't been a ton of activity there, and most of what there has been was want to buy posts. Some sale posts would be good.
His username isn't there. The page in the link is completely empty.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Click on his user name here, is what meant. I just did exactly what I posted above, and it worked.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

You can go back one page on this thread, find a vivi post, and click on his name. Super easy.
vivi

Post by vivi »

HolySteel wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:08 pm
cabfrank wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:43 pm
Click on vivi's user name, go to the signature line at the bottom, click on join us at Spyderco Swap, then click the old reddit link. It will take you there. I hope you have some Spydies to sell. There hasn't been a ton of activity there, and most of what there has been was want to buy posts. Some sale posts would be good.
His username isn't there. The page in the link is completely empty.
https://old.reddit.com/user/spydercoswapmod is my reddit user page. Send me a PM on this forum with your reddit user name and I'll get you added.
:unicorn
Spyderwebs

Post by Spyderwebs »

Hey Vivi, just PMd you. Thanks!
buddyb

Post by buddyb »

I didn't know this existed! Very cool!
Stas

Post by Stas »

Another European member decided to join. Will be looking forward 👍
Recent favourites: Massad Ayoob CPM CRU-WEAR PE & SE, Yojimbo 2, Lil' Temperance 3.
alphaneuron9

Post by alphaneuron9 »

vivi wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:29 pm
I'm extremely excited to introduce you to Spyderco Swap!

https://old.reddit.com/r/spydercoswap/

FAQ

1. What is Spyderco Swap?

A - Spyderco Swap is a forum I have created for this community to buy / sell / trade Spyderco knives and accessories with one another.

2. How do I join?

A - Spyderco Swap is hosted on Reddit, so you will need to sign up for their website first. Then you will need to message me on Reddit https://old.reddit.com/user/spydercoswapmod/ AND send me a PM here. This lets me verify users are in fact from here, and are who they claim to be. You can use any name you want on Reddit if your username is taken like mine was, since I can set "flair" next to your username to indicate your username here. Example of flair

3. The subreddit is private though?

That is intentional. I can open it up to the public if I decide to, but I feel it'd be best if members were exclusively from this forum. You will need to message me on reddit under my username spydienut so that I can invite you in. From there you should be able to freely post deals, set your flair, etc.

4. Why should I join?

A - This should, in time, become the ideal way to deal in second hand Spyderco products. There will be no ebay fees. There will be no BF membership fees. You will not be dealing with random strangers, but people you've held discussions with here for years. International members are welcome. Every member will be manually verified.

5. I'm used to traditional forums and Reddit confuses me

A - It is setup a bit different than this forum, and you can ask me any questions you have here. Formatting posts is a little different, e.g. you can't embed images in comments, and to link something [you put it in brackets like this](then put the link in parenthesis right next to it). Putting words between *asterisks* makes them italic, **double asterisks** make things bold, and that should be enough to get your feet on the ground.

6. What is Spydercos involvement in this?

Spyderco has made it very clear that they will not be held responsible for anything that happens on this forum in any way. This is something that must be understood by anyone participating. While I have trust in this community to deal fairly with one another, in the event of a deal gone south, there is nothing Spyderco can or will do. I will do my best to assist anyone in neeed of help, and will ban anyone that deserves it, but Spyderco in no way will be liable for any deals that may go south.

7. Will you let anyone in that registers here?

For now, no. I will not be letting in members that have been here for less than a few months, and currently have no plans to include people that appear to sign up to this site solely to gain access to Spyderco Swap. My intention is for this to be a place for established, trusted members. For now there will be no hard qualifications, e.g. 6 months since you joined here and at least 50 posts - but that may change if need be.

8. Do you need mods?

For now, no, but down the road I may. I will wait and see how big it grows and what issues we run into. I'm not new to reddit but I am pretty new to running subreddits, so if you have experience with that maybe shoot me a PM.

Wow. Cool. I just applied! :bug-red-white
Alex
Scientia et pax
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Most of the threads lately have been want to buy. I hope someone bucks the trend.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

cabfrank wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:27 am
Most of the threads lately have been want to buy. I hope someone bucks the trend.
For the life of me I can't figure out how to post photos over there. I have a few in mind that I would be willing to part with, though most of them are "others"
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I would just post without photos and ask potential buyers to contact you here. Then you could exchange emails, or whatever.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

I have a bunch of pm2 and a few random spydies Id post but I have no way to receive the cash. No PayPal anymore since they changed policy.
MRj “Weak things break!”
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

You could ask for a money order, and ship when you receive it.
You might be able to use PayPal friends and family, instead of goods and services.
Stas

Post by Stas »

cabfrank wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:27 am
Fixed;)
Recent favourites: Massad Ayoob CPM CRU-WEAR PE & SE, Yojimbo 2, Lil' Temperance 3.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Good luck with the sale. Hopefully someone in your part of the world is interested.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Mrj wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:24 pm
I have a bunch of pm2 and a few random spydies Id post but I have no way to receive the cash. No PayPal anymore since they changed policy.
Venmo?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

Bump for the r/spydercoswap.
Looking for the Salt 1 anyway (C88SBBK), posting it here in hope someone sees it and doesn't decide it's value should be 200+ now.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:48 pm
Mrj wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:24 pm
Venmo?
I’m stupid and don’t know how it works. Does that report your transaction as income like PayPal?
MRj “Weak things break!”
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I'm pretty sure paypal friends and family is not reported as income.