Sage 2 Maxamet ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
aedouard

Sage 2 Maxamet ?

Post by aedouard »

Bonjour !

I have a very simple question : is it possible to swap the Maxamet blade from the Sage 1 in order to put it into a Sage 2 frame ?

Probably not cause of the different lock types, but why not ask.

Thanks y'all, have a great day !
Sharp Guy

Re: Sage 2 Maxamet ?

Post by Sharp Guy »

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure someone recently confirmed that the blade swap won't work. I don't remember why. Possibly because holes for the detent balls aren't in the same location. Just a wild guess

EDIT: Here's the post. Something about the locking faces being different. Makes sense

viewtopic.php?p=1477558#p1477558
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

I wouldn't mind seeing a Sage 2 sprint with any of the usual sprint steels, and an overtravel stop on the lock bar.
Username827

Post by Username827 »

Not sure if I would be for Maxamet in a Sage 2, but maybe they idea for each Sage to have it's own run of steels?
I would love to buy a Sage 2 in S45VN or better yet LC200N.
:) Please take my money
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Username827 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:33 pm
Not sure if I would be for Maxamet in a Sage 2, but maybe they idea for each Sage to have it's own run of steels?
I would love to buy a Sage 2 in S45VN or better yet LC200N.
:) Please take my money
A re-release of a Sage 2 in a stainless steel would be an insta-buy for me. Love that knife.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Bring back the Sage2 in any stainless steel please. SPY27 would be perfect for a re-run though.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
JMM

Post by JMM »

AFAIK the new round of Sage releases were going to feature a different/new steel with the same lock-type as the previous version... but I certainly could be misinformed. :)
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

JMM wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:19 am
AFAIK the new round of Sage releases were going to feature a different/new steel with the same lock-type as the previous version... but I certainly could be misinformed. :)
I think it’s a possibility!
The wording in the catalogs and product video
calling the Maxamet Sage 1 “a new era” certainly implies something. Just not sure exactly what that something is.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
mtstewart83088

Post by mtstewart83088 »

It is definitely possible to swap the Sage 1 blade with the Sage 2 blade. When I did it, the lockbar was getting caught by a literal hair on the Sage 2. So a few seconds of extremely light sanding and it’s the best lock up in any knife I have. I even tested putting it back on the Sage 1, and it still works perfect. There is just a little more room for error with a liner lock compared to the frame locks. But the detent, lockbar, size, shape, ect. Exactly the same. Exactly…

I wish I knew how to post a pic or video to show y’all, but this is just my first post…
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

mtstewart83088 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:20 pm
I wish I knew how to post a pic or video to show y’all, but this is just my first post…

Welcome! I find it easiest to use Post Image for image hosting. Upload your photos to that site. I copy the link that is entitled "Direct link". There is a special syntax (similar to HTML tags) when it comes to posting images here. The graphic below shows how to insert an image in your post.

Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

mtstewart83088 wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

As P_atrick says: Postimages.org works great, here is a tutorial Vivi posted once viewtopic.php?f=5&t=83968
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Salut Edouard !

Even between two of the same knife the lock interface might need some tinkering for a perfect action/lock. So, between two locks (even if it's the same kind of interface on the blade tang) it seems hard.
Maybe someone could take a picture of both?
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
kobold

Post by kobold »

It would be better if we could just buy a Sage 2 with a Maxamet blade sometime in the future. N'est pas?
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
mtstewart83088

Post by mtstewart83088 »

p_atrick wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:44 pm
mtstewart83088 wrote:

Welcome! I find it easiest to use Post Image for image hosting. Upload your photos to that site. I copy the link that is entitled "Direct link". There is a special syntax (similar to HTML tags) when it comes to posting images here. The graphic below shows how to insert an image in your post.