Oily liners.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Fright_Fox

Oily liners.

Post by Fright_Fox »

Hello I recently got a new endela it’s a great knife, is it normal for spyderco’s to come with oil on the liners?
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: Oily liners.

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi there. Yes, liners on the Seki FRN models are often absolutely slathered in oil! I blade swap my Delicas around quite a bit and always have a paper towel on hand to wipe down the liners and the back side of the scales. :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Fright_Fox

Post by Fright_Fox »

Thanks for the reply, I guess oil is beneficial anyway.
soulspy

Post by soulspy »

I always wash the production oil off with hot water and soap blow the knife out with compressed air, and then oil the pivot and detent with Ballistol.
jacala

Post by jacala »

I run my Glocks wet (and cleaned and re-oiled after using) and same same with all of my knives incl my Spydercos.
And carefully wipe off excess on the knives.Then I don't sweat it after I've stored them.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

soulspy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:45 am
I always wash the production oil off with hot water and soap blow the knife out with compressed air, and then oil the pivot and detent with Ballistol.
Great!! Another "BALLISTOL" fan :) I find that stuff to be so useful for a wide range of uses. It is by far the best thing to clean and preserve G-10 handles with. I appreciate your input Brother! :)
KenD

Post by KenD »

+1 on the Ballistol!
I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives. - Billy Connolly
wirelessjunkie

Post by wirelessjunkie »

Another +1 for Ballistol. Good price to quantity ratio, decent and predictable performance, and I love the smell. I use it on all my knives and firearms. Never had rust issues with it (when combined with my maintenance habits), and it hasnt gummed up on me yet.