Buck 110 talk

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Buck 110 talk

Post by Doc Dan »

That sounds about right. Thanks. I could not remember the exact reason and was too lazy to look it up.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Again the G-96 look-a-like of the Buck 110 was a nice imitation of the original and surprisingly well built too >> Also the Schrade knife company also did a great imitation of the Buck 110 model as well.

During the 80s & 90s there must have been at least 6 to 8 other knife companies that did their own version/imitation of the Buck 110 model.

I know that some of you are going to think that maybe I've flipped out completely but I always thought that the Chris Reeve Sebenza always reminded me a lot of the Buck 110 model. There were several similarities between those two models.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Cold Steel obviously got inspiration from it on several knives.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:29 am
I don't know if any of you guys remember a company that made a lot of difference firearm products known as "G-96". They made a lot of firearm maintenance products and a wide range of various sporting items. Their Nitro Solvent was really good. A very good friend of mine I haven't talked to in at least a year had a "Buck 110 look a Like" made by them. Or it may have been made by another knife company and they put the "G-96" name on it>> or it could have been licensed by G-96 or whatever.

But I used to hunt with the guy a lot and I used that particular "Buck 110 Look-A Like" model to skin a couple of deer one season and I'm here to tell you all that was a well made knife. It was just as solid and had as good of blade steel as the "Real McCoy Buck 110". There were a lot of Buck 110 Look A Like models in the 80s and 90s and early 2000s. I don't see as many now as I did in years gone by. But I do remember that one unit that had the G-96 name on it was a fine folder. If you all ever see one at a pawn shop cheap I would jump on it. It would make an excellent beater if nothing else.
Your post got me curious so I did a quick search. It looks like a company called Jet-Aer had them made in Japan and we regarded as high quality. There are several on the ‘Bay right now.
I wonder which Japanese maker produced these?

Edited: Both G96 & Jet-Aer are based in Peterson, NJ.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Getting the thread back on track, I have two 110s in Titanium with one still NIB. I always wanted to ship one off to Buck and have it upgraded to BG42, but I never did. Now it’s too late.
I have a 112 in micarta and I need to get it’s big brother 110 as well.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001