Ordering from SFO

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
samdasnake

Ordering from SFO

Post by samdasnake »

Can anyone shed any light on how ordering from the SFO works by phone vs ordering from the Spyderco website? I called today to inquire about a model that says out of stock on the Spyderco website. The very nice gentleman at the SFO said that they had said model in stock at SFO but that he couldn’t sell it with the OpFocus discount. Apparently that’s only available through the website, and Spyderco sets a limit on how many of certain models can be sold with OpFocus discount? I’m just curious as to how that works. Any of y’all have any insight or experience? Thanks!
samdasnake

Re: Ordering from SFO

Post by samdasnake »

I was hoping that someone knows more than I do about how OpFocus works. Eh... I guess I’ll just have to keep my eyes peeled on the website to see if any get posted in stock. It’s kinda weird that they have it in stock at SFO but can’t sell it at OpFocus discount. I understand tho that they can’t have all their stock running out the door at such a major discount. Props to Spyderco for offering OpFocus. We vets really appreciate it!!
Big50

Post by Big50 »

I just found out about OpsFocus two years ago, after most of my Spyderco collection had already been collected. Nevertheless, I’m super honored & humbled that Sal & Co. offer the program.

As you probably already know, one enrolls online with a credentials verification.

I’ve noticed that new releases and popular production models are hard to get, but it seems they eventually come back in stock at the SFO online at some point.

I’ve been told that sprint runs will show up too, but in very limited numbers. The only one I’ve seen was the straight spine Stretch, and only after there semed to be plenty available at retailers. I think if a model is selling well, Spyderco puts the highest prioity on getting product into the hands of distributors & retailers, which seems logical.
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

Thanks for the info! Yeah I only found out about OpFocus pretty recently too, but I'm definitely still growing my collection so OpFocus really really helps! Thanks again Spyderco!!!
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I wish I had known about that program when I was still in law enforcement.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

StuntZombie wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:05 pm
I wish I had known about that program when I was still in law enforcement.
It is a truly amazing program. I can’t express how thankful I am for it.