Compression lock hawk style knife ideas

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SalomonA

Compression lock hawk style knife ideas

Post by SalomonA »

Hello everyone, I'm not one who posts on here very often, but I do read many of the posts here. I was looking at the Microtech hawk knife that they've recently re-released, and I was thinking of why Spyderco hasn't made a proper compression hawk knife yet. I'm not one for automatic button knives myself, but I absolutely loved that design of a knife, and think that a similar version with a button compression lock instead of an automatic button would be sick. Now I obviously know that Spyderco cannot just use other knife designs, but I would totally be in for a nice karambit/hawk compression knife with that kind of curvature, especially being that is a fairly common design, shape wise. I don't know, maybe its just me, but I love hawk shaped knives for my personal EDC purposes, and I would be interested in seeing what spyderco could come up with design wise, or maybe even if they did a collaboration with another knife maker or self defense expert who knows their way around a karambit. I apologize if this is a spyderco design thats already out their, but I'm pretty sure that they are all limited to backlock knives, like the civilian, with the exception of the p'kal. I just had to get this thought out in the open, because its something that I would love to see, and I was curious as to what everyone else would think of it. I know that a karambit styled knife doesn't fit a lot of peoples tastes for EDC use, but Im just wanted to see some thoughts.
Enactive

Re: Compression lock hawk style knife ideas

Post by Enactive »

Maybe you can track down a Superhawk, now discontinued.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C116/312
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Yes that would be a good find.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Id like one as well. A compression lock little native with a PE hawkbill.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

I’m down if they release one, SE H1 would be awesome!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Hawkbill Caribbean!
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I would embrace the idea of a Hawkbill blade in the size range of a Superhawk or Spyderhawk with a compression lock. But I would rather see a big Hawkbill with a ball bearing lock if I had my main wish fulfilled. I find a Ball Bearing Lock a bit easier to implement with one hand in many instances.

Like my current thread theme says>> I would just love more than anything to see an upscale Hawkbill folder in the Spyderco line up.