Kapara restocks

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
b00000000000m

Kapara restocks

Post by b00000000000m »

I missed out on the first availability of the Kapara. I check availability pretty much daily. Is there a rough estimate of the secound round of availability for this knife? Thanks.
Extra330SC

Re: Kapara restocks

Post by Extra330SC »

b00000000000m wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:17 pm
I missed out on the first availability of the Kapara. I check availability pretty much daily. Is there a rough estimate of the secound round of availability for this knife? Thanks.
Should be soon!
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

Any news about the release of the second batch? All i know is that Eric told us that the Kapara will be improved (CQI).
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Danvp wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:27 am
All i know is that Eric told us that the Kapara will be improved (CQI)
When/where did Eric tell us that? I'm curious what they'd CQI on it.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Danvp wrote:
Any news about the release of the second batch? All i know is that Eric told us that the Kapara will be improved (CQI).
Had to sell mine again, purely for financial reasons (liked it very much). Can't remember much that could be improved? Maybe accesability of the comp lock for thicker fingers, MAYBE a bit of jimping, that's about it...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Booom,

Welcome o our forum.

sal
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:42 am
Danvp wrote:
On the Amsterdam meet last week. If i am correct the action of the compression lock will be better. However i am not 100% sure.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Danvp wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:21 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:42 am
Danvp wrote:
On the Amsterdam meet last week. If i am correct the action of the compression lock will be better. However i am not 100% sure.
Interesting thanks Dan. I've been preoccupied with other things lately. So I've missed much of the details from this year's meet. Like Warstein mentioned, about the only change I could see would be a little better access to the lock bar. I have skinny fingers so it's a non-issue for me but it could be a problem for someone with sausage fingers.

This discussion just made me take the Advocate out of my pocket and replace it with the Kapara. :) I keep my Mantra in the same double pouch as my Kapara. Now that one's sitting on the desk waiting for it's turn. lol. So many good knives!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

Youre welcome. I attended the Amsterdam meet for the first time this year. Eric told us so many things, i just barely remember a part of it. What i remember the most is the passion with which Eric spoke about the concepts and pre-production models.

Choosing a knife to carry is a hard thing to do. Every day again. On occasion i sometimes carry 4 to 5 knives at a time. I really have a problem… :D

Enjoy your Kapara!
HoustonB77

Post by HoustonB77 »

I'm patiently waiting for the second batch to drop.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Houston,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Flizwit

Post by Flizwit »

Hoping to find out more on Kapara restock soon, and what if any CQI is taking place.
Own: SpyOpera, Kapara, AEB-L Urban, Techno 2, Cat, S30V Dragonfly 2, REC Lil Native, St. Nick’s Lil Native, V-Toku2 Meerkat, McBee, Cruwear Delica.
Previously Owned: CF Caly3 ZDP-189, Sage 1, Lil’ Nilakka
Want: Birdseye Maple Chaparral, Pochi, LC200N Para 3 LW
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I had a Kapara, really liked it a lot, but had to sell it for financial reasons. Thought, I would purchase another one quite soon.

But now I think given the choice I'll take the Chief over the Kapara. Both in my prefered size categorie (Chief a bit longer than the Kapara), but in the Chief I prefer the backlock (over comp lock), G10 (over CF), standard clip (over deep carry wire clip, which I only like in small folders).

Still, from the short time I used the Kapara I can really recommend it: Perfectly done in fit and finish, and a lot of edge in quite a slim and comparable short package while still offering a choil.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)