Ideas for "sprint runs", NOT concerning steel (let´s dream...)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jimimft

Re: Ideas for "sprint runs", NOT concerning steel (let´s dream...)

Post by Jimimft »

I’m in the market for a new knife and I would love to see the para military with a sheepsfoot blade.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Jimimft wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:46 am
I’m in the market for a new knife and I would love to see the para military with a sheepsfoot blade.
First post, right? So welcome to the forum!

/ Did you look at the sheepsfoot version of the Caribbean ? Though a bit larger than the PM 2 and no choil, at least they both have a comp. lock..
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Elderberry, NickoP, Maximumsmoochy, Jimimft,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Tusk XXL
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Jimimft

Post by Jimimft »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:06 am
Jimimft wrote:

/ Did you look at the sheepsfoot version of the Caribbean ? Though a bit larger than the PM 2 and no choil, at least they both have a comp. lock..
Thank you, that was my first post. In fact I created the account just to type that. I have seen the Caribbean, not a fan of that handle. I do really like the sheepsfoot style of the H1 blades, but it’s H1. I was actually wondering if a P2 blade could fit in a p3 handle if I ground that tip down.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Jimimft wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:37 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:06 am
Jimimft wrote:

Thank you, that was my first post. In fact I created the account just to type that. I have seen the Caribbean, not a fan of that handle. I do really like the sheepsfoot style of the H1 blades, but it’s H1. I was actually wondering if a P2 blade could fit in a p3 handle if I ground that tip down.
I am honored you chose this thread I started for your first post ;) And I hope you did not create your account literally JUST for that post but will stay on this forum and join the discussions - ?!

/ I never saw a Caribbean in "real life" (just depictions), the handle - color is a little "either you love it or you hate it", I guess. I like the color, actually, but quite a few on this forum seemingly don´t. But there are several posts here describing how one can dye the handle, if that helps

As for sheepsfoot-blades in general and on the PM2 (like you want it to see) specifically: Never owned a real sheepsfoot knife; I like the looks, but I guess I´d miss a pointier tip sometimes. That said, specifically on my PM2 I am a bit worried about possibly breaking the very acute tip, so a sturdier one would not be a bad thing; In any case I´d personally like to see a sheepsfoot PM2 rather than a Tanto one (which is seemingly considered to be made)
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Jimimft

Post by Jimimft »

Of course I’ll be sticking around. Yeah, I’m in the do not like category for that handle color scheme.

I don’t really have a need for a pointy knife in my day to day, or one with a lot of belly for that matter. I do love my delica 4, but that even has too much tip for my needs. I’ve been curious about trying to do the regrind with an Endura if the blade fits in the handle.

After owning a tanto knife I decided I didn’t like them. I would much rather see a sheepsfoot over a tanto as well.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Another run of the “R” with a 3D machined handle to evoke the past skeletonized versions.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

tvenuto wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:11 pm
Another run of the “R” with a 3D machined handle to evoke the past skeletonized versions.
I really was not aware of this knife at all. Thanks for the hint, just looked it up, and like the "R" a lot. My kind of lock, bladelength, ergos.... I am in for another run
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Pelagic wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:44 am
Tusk XXL
+1 !
blendergasket

Post by blendergasket »

I would love to see a dlc coating that coats the pivot up to the where the flat grind starts, leaving the blade dlc-free. This would be especially nice for pinned knives with tool steels (like a manix lw cruwear!)
Glock27

Post by Glock27 »

I dream of a sprint run of Waterway Sheaths so those could ship! ;-)
PStone

Post by PStone »

I dream of more fluted cf handles. Would love to see a CF version of the fluted military. But I would certainly buy any model with the fluted CF treatment.
Marulaghost

Post by Marulaghost »

2-4 words:
Yojimbo 2,
Emerson wave
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Jimimft wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:55 pm
Of course I’ll be sticking around. Yeah, I’m in the do not like category for that handle color scheme.

I don’t really have a need for a pointy knife in my day to day, or one with a lot of belly for that matter. I do love my delica 4, but that even has too much tip for my needs. I’ve been curious about trying to do the regrind with an Endura if the blade fits in the handle.

After owning a tanto knife I decided I didn’t like them. I would much rather see a sheepsfoot over a tanto as well.
I have really nothing to back that up, but my guess is that a sheepsfoot PM2 would sell better than a Tanto PM2. I could be totally wrong though.
Maybe that question would be worth creating a poll here?