Confession

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sumdumguy

Re: Confession

Post by Sumdumguy »

Mako109 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:56 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:10 pm
Don't feel bad!

I haven't touched my PM2 since I bought the Caribbean. For me, it outclasses the PM2 in every way.
I've read so many good things about the Caribbean. The LC200N is especially compelling to me since I live by the ocean. Unfortunately its blade length exceeds the legal restriction in my area :(
Bummer! While I don't encourage it, I've never abided by blade length restrictions. My state has no knife laws, but I travel places that do and my Caribbean goes along for the ride. However, I'm usually working and it's a tool, so that may make a difference.

Knife laws suck :(
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

You know you could always get a Caribbean and grind it down a bit. What is the law where you live?
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I have 4 PM2, only because of different steels. I wish CS would do another orange dlc xhp PM2. I would carry that instead of the PM3 version. Mine would be hard to get rid of, S30V version I got at SFO on my wedding day. Also Maxamet, Rex45 and Cruwear. Was trying to sell the PM3 Maxamet, people just kept saying they wish it was the PM2 lol

I can't wait for the Tanto version of the PM2 and I think the LW Pm3 is a huge improvement with wireclip and a sensible lanyard placement
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

koenigsegg wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:20 am
I have 4 PM2, only because of different steels. I wish CS would do another orange dlc xhp PM2. I would carry that instead of the PM3 version. Mine would be hard to get rid of, S30V version I got at SFO on my wedding day. Also Maxamet, Rex45 and Cruwear. Was trying to sell the PM3 Maxamet, people just kept saying they wish it was the PM2 lol

I can't wait for the Tanto version of the PM2 and I think the LW Pm3 is a huge improvement with wireclip and a sensible lanyard placement

Totally off topic, do your scales on your CS exclusive get dirty any time you carry it? I wear jeans all the time, any time I carry it the scales are discolored, no matter what pair I wear. I'm selling mine now because of it, which really bums me out because I was highly anticipating that knife and bought the Para 3 specific clip for it directly from Casey Lynch.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Do you mean it turns blue from your pants? Mine doesn't turn blue but it does get black from my fingers. I just washed it off recently and it looked like new again. I have been considering the black lynch clip for it but haven't been so inclined yet.
It's kind of funny because I've been carrying it the most since I got it, some of it is because the rest of my Para's are non-stainless but I don't know why it bothers me... I carry the K390 urban everyday and never have an issue, which is probably even less stainless than my Para's lol I guess value has something to do with it. Although I just saw a K390 urban sell for almost $90 on bf.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Yep, my scales look bluish/black anytime after I carry it. I'm a bit OCD, so I clean them up every time after I carry it...but that's starting to get a bit old and feeling like it isn't worth it.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick