Sheffield, England Steel and Cutlery: What happened and can it be "rebooted"

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
James Y

Re: Sheffield, England Steel and Cutlery: What happened and can it be "rebooted"

Post by James Y »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:01 am
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:42 pm
That is some major insight, thank you Jim. Regarding that poor woman in Taiwan that you and others saw, what happened to her do you think if you were to speculate? And why do you think the masses of citizens didn't grab sticks and clubs and bats and knives and whatever they could get, and beat those wicked hoodlums down? Were they likely afraid of retaliation?

I wish we would see more situations end like that, where armed civilians smash the violent gangsters and others who harass and attack and harm people.

Do you think such things were more prevalent back in the Old West?

Also, speculate on this: What would the likely result have been if a man or woman had decided to go hero on those gangsters, and pulled out a good strong and sharp knife of his or her own, and engaged them, and stabbed them and tried to get that woman away to safety?
In America, with lawful gun ownership, would citizens intervene with guns? I’ve been involved with other bystanders to halt fist fights but once weapons are possibly involved ... hmm .. no thanks.
Doing so would still be foolish. Even if you somehow managed her away from them, she would end up paying the price (a much greater price) because of it later on. It would actually make things worse for her. And you would face retaliation, either right there or sometime down the line, and it wouldn't be pretty. Besides, gangsters have guns, too. Like I said, we're not talking about some low-level street pimps or punks. It's not like in the movies, where Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung, Jet Li or Stephen Chow single-handedly fight off hoards of suited gangsters coming at them kung fu-style.

Anyway, sorry for bringing this thread way OT.

Jim