Para Military 2 Titanium

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Baron Mind

Re: Para Military 2 Titanium

Post by Baron Mind »

Titanium without a framelock is just kind of... bleh... to me. Just titanium scales... meh... Now a titanium framelock PM2s I could get behind.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I’m in but I would like to see a Ti Para3 even more. Just plain Ti and some blue ano hardware please.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Baron Mind wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:46 pm
Titanium without a framelock is just kind of... bleh... to me. Just titanium scales... meh... Now a titanium framelock PM2s I could get behind.

How do you feel about my earlier suggestion to make it like the Brouwer? Just the lockside titanium, the other side something really contrasting.. wood is not realistic, but maybe Micarta or some nice G10.
I´d really like that, and for me personally the frame lock would be an upgrade of the PM2.

/ But I also agree with those who suggested the Caribbean for that kind of variant. I like the design more, and for me another lock type would be an upgrade of the Caribbean too.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
kobold

Post by kobold »

I bought the Fluted Ti Native and I love it so much it is the closest to being a safe queen in my collection. And fluted Ti Millie is my grail, so, yes, I would def buy a PM2... but frame-lock only.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Baron Mind

Post by Baron Mind »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:06 am
Baron Mind wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:46 pm

How do you feel about my earlier suggestion to make it like the Brouwer? Just the lockside titanium, the other side something really contrasting.. wood is not realistic, but maybe Micarta or some nice G10.
I´d really like that, and for me personally the frame lock would be an upgrade of the PM2.

/ But I also agree with those who suggested the Caribbean for that kind of variant. I like the design more, and for me another lock type would be an upgrade of the Caribbean too.
I am a big fan of the Brouwer, and I think a similar build in the PM2 would be awesome.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I'd be stoked to see the PM2 and Para 3 get the "spydiebenza" treatment. I don't really care if it's an integral compression lock or the standard version - Casey Lynch's solution would be fine with me.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:34 pm
Those scales are beautiful! Does he ever sell them separately or do you have to buy the whole knife build from him (that's all I see on the Lynch website now).
Thank you, I don’t find them to be very “bleh” at all. ;) I purchased my PM2 (and Delica) scale sets from Casey probably 6 years ago now. He and I are long-time friends and I’ve been pushing him to run more sets recently. He did run some of them last fall in both Ti and the hard ano aluminum ones you see on his website in those full builds on there (also a new thing he’s trying out). I find the Al ones rather slippery actually, and much prefer my Ti ones, although the Al ones are even lighter. Having Casey make a full Ti set would require him to license the compression lock from Spyderco.

There certainly was a prototype full Ti with integral lock (fluted no less!!!) that slipped out of the factory years ago and made it onto eBay. I’m sure you can dig into the older forum threads to find the discussion. I had screenshots of it from the eBay sale that I’ll try to dig up, but it was glorious. So clearly they’ve been thinking along these lines (pun intended) in Golden, or were years ago, so I’m not sure why they didn’t pursue it. The copper scaled one was a throwback to that design that they already had in hand. The Casey Lynch versions are identical to this design, and either are concurrent or even predate the appearance of the fluted prototype on eBay, testament again to the ingenuity of his designs. He’s working on a knife now BTW, stay tuned.

To get back to your original question Julia, I don’t know if he sells the scales alone. You can email him and ask. The full builds he has with them on his website are sold out, although I’ll admit I like my dark gray Al ones better than the green and bronze colors he offered. Cheers, Radioactive

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Baron Mind

Post by Baron Mind »

Oh, wait a minute, let me amend my previous post and say an integral titanium compression lock would interest me a great deal.
Mike Slayer

Post by Mike Slayer »

I just want another Titanium Military to replace the one I gave to a former friend that needed a good knife. Sad part was he wasn't worth it because he left it at his friends house out of state and didn't care enough to get it back then a lot of other things happened. Sucks because that knife had been with me through a lot and I carried it for a long time. I would love to just have another Military in titanium. If Spyderco ever made another run of them having one in K390, 10v or even 15v.