Is your interest in sharpening on the same level as your interest in knives?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Are you as interested in sharpening knives as you are collecting them?

No, I prefer to let someone else sharpen my knives (Shipping back to the maker or similar)
3%
No, I sharpen out of pure necessity like putting air in my car tires, not out of any particular interest
25%
Yes, I love sharpening knives with a guided system and seeing how sharp I can get them
26%
Yes, I love sharpening knives free hand and seeing how sharp I can get them
34%
Other
12%

Total votes: 154

basedlarrydavid

Re: Is your interest in sharpening on the same level as your interest in knives?

Post by basedlarrydavid »

Deadboxhero wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:29 pm
basedlarrydavid wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:17 am
Pelagic wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:11 am

Wow, you have the 5 million grit! That's awesome.

How do you like the edge pro diamond stones versus your venev?
The diamond matrix stones are awesome. They cut a little gentler than the Venev stones. The scratch patterns I get with the diamond matrix stones seem to be more polished and even but still leave plenty of bite. I haven’t had them for very long, but my initial impression is that they’re fantastic. They’re not great for heavy reprofiling; the Venev shines there.

But keep your eye out in the next few weeks for a new diamond matrix that will be much more aggressive. Really looking forward to that.
David makes a killer stone.

Can't wait till the benchstones come out.
They finish and feel like the Naniwa Super stones but have some real Firepower with the diamond abrasive.
He sure does. He also is more than willing to spend a significant amount of time emailing with you to ensure you get the best out of it.
More K390 and 10V, please.

Instagram: @ohioapexing