Smock Anticipation

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
foofie

Re: Smock Anticipation

Post by foofie »

Really loving this one! Well made, great finish and great detailing. While I was initially worried that it would be a bit bigger/heavier than I usually carry (ukpk...), it really disappears in the pocket since it is so sleek and slim. I also had the "grittiness" out of the box, which did not resolve with a cleaning. That said, it is already less than two days ago when I first received it.

A few comparison photos.

Oogie

Post by Oogie »

Unsure if others have had the same issue, but my Smock pretty quickly developed a lanyard tube rattle. I haven’t heard this mentioned, and my other models haven’t had an issue with this, so I suspect/hope it’s just an isolated occurrence.
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Thnx for the pics against the 940, was curious about how they’d compare. Looks like the thumbstud is in the way of any extra cutting edge on the 940.

My Smock rattles a little but mines not the lanyard tube, it’s the pin for the lockbar. If I tighten the pivot it goes away but the action suffers, so a little bit of a rattle it has, but only when closed.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

The more I use it, the more I love it! Did a bunch of detailed cutting through some dense, thick cardboard the other day. Middle finger in the choil, index near the tip and it was perfect. My hand didn’t slip or tire and the cuts were perfect. Secure grip with lots of control - couldn’t ask for more.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

My Redback spacer came yesterday and along with the RG clip I’m very happy! :)
54D7752C-AAD7-462F-B244-2624585CD37C.jpeg
Whoops, wrong thread, in the words of the great Loyd Bridges, “I knew I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue”. :p
"No matter where you go, there you are"