Any Spyderco Military sprint runs or exclusives coming out besides REX45?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SubMicron

Re: Any Spyderco Military sprint runs or exclusives coming out besides REX45?

Post by SubMicron »

Maximumsmoochy wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:39 pm

So please Spyderco, Dealers, and anyone else who cares - don't forget about the Military or deprecate it in the mix of products. There's clearly a lot of Millie-lovers here and we are patiently waiting to try novel steels on Spyderco's most versatile showcase knife.
Being newer to Spyderco, I still don't own a Military, but I want one really bad, and I'm holding out for a high strength tool steel, especially CruWear or 4V.

A Z-Wear Micarta Millie would be a huge hit on the market, I'm sure of it, and it would draw many people into their first Military.
Maximumsmoochy

Post by Maximumsmoochy »

SubMicron wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:32 pm
Maximumsmoochy wrote:

So please Spyderco, Dealers, and anyone else who cares - don't forget about the Military or deprecate it in the mix of products. There's clearly a lot of Millie-lovers here and we are patiently waiting to try novel steels on Spyderco's most versatile showcase knife.
Being newer to Spyderco, I still don't own a Military, but I want one really bad, and I'm holding out for a high strength tool steel, especially CruWear or 4V.

A Z-Wear Micarta Millie would be a huge hit on the market, I'm sure of it, and it would draw many people into their first Military.
HOT
CAKES
Past: Dragonfly, Air, Rhino, Lil' Native, Techno 2, Caly Jr., Brouwer, Chap LW, Para3, N5, Watu, ‘Chef, Mantra 2, SSStretch, PM2, Smock, Shaman, Advocate, GB2, Kapara, Military, Bradley Bowie, Province

Present: P4 K390 FRN

Future: Para3 Cruwear (someday)

Regrets: Most of them
ThomC

Post by ThomC »

I'd be happy with a plain S30V run in SE, although I'd splurge for another carbon/tool steel knife.
The more I use non-stainless steels the more I like them. The cutting performance and sharpenability is IMHO worth the extra care it requires.
European amateur knife enthusiast
Hikes and outdoors galore
🏍️Motorcycle enthusiast
In the knoife box : M4 Millie, Spyderco Perrin Street Bowie, TOPS Tanimboca
In the future : CE/SE/Rex45/MagnaCut Millie, K2, Slysz Bowie, linerlock Sage
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Maximumsmoochy wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:02 pm
SubMicron wrote:
Maximumsmoochy wrote:

HOT
CAKES

Spyderco has to have more Cru-Carta models in the works. It is like printing money. I'd hope the Military is among them.

I'm also hoping to see a SPY27 Millie in the next Reveal.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Maximumsmoochy

Post by Maximumsmoochy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:34 pm
Spyderco has to have more Cru-Carta models in the works. It is like printing money. I'd hope the Military is among them.

HOT

CAKES
Past: Dragonfly, Air, Rhino, Lil' Native, Techno 2, Caly Jr., Brouwer, Chap LW, Para3, N5, Watu, ‘Chef, Mantra 2, SSStretch, PM2, Smock, Shaman, Advocate, GB2, Kapara, Military, Bradley Bowie, Province

Present: P4 K390 FRN

Future: Para3 Cruwear (someday)

Regrets: Most of them
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I say it's high time that they do some Sprint Runs of the C-36 Military and Native models both in SE. It bothers me that they quit making them in SE when they did.

I long for the days of what I affectionately call "The GOLDEN ERA of SPYDERS 1998-2004". Because back then almost any model was available in SE.
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

steelcity16 wrote:
Maximumsmoochy wrote:
SubMicron wrote:
Maximumsmoochy wrote:

HOT
CAKES

And far be it from me to discourage Cru-Wear, but I’d bet that pretty much any quality steel offered in combination with micarta scales would sell like hotcakes.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

dj moonbat wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:12 am
steelcity16 wrote:
Maximumsmoochy wrote:
SubMicron wrote:

HOT
CAKES

And far be it from me to discourage Cru-Wear, but I’d bet that pretty much any quality steel offered in combination with micarta scales would sell like hotcakes.

Not S30V...lol. You are right, the other in vogue steels like K390, 4V, and Rex45 would do just as well, and probably the newer S45VN and SPY27. But Cru-Wear is a steel that is hard to come by compared to the others, so I think they need to put it in more models to meet the huge demand that is still out there waiting for more Cruwear.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
rgc

Post by rgc »

Bringing back a dead thread because as I sit here thumb flicking my new to me Military in CTS-XHP I am quickly becoming a huge fan. Every morning it is a decision between it and my Stretch 2 XL as to which will get to go with me for the day. My Native Chiefs are pissed. Anywho, I know there was talk of the 4v St. Nick's Military coming by the end of the year and that came and went . . . any more info, gossip, rumors or psychic network info on that. How about any new Millies? Or dare I say Original Military (not the Military 2 compression lock as I am in love with this original).
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

No news yet. I would buy a Crucarta Mille or Mille 2 in a heartbeat.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The last Military Sprint/Exclusive was the BladeHQ Exclusive M4 Black DLC with Natural G-10 way back in February 2019.

The regular production Military models with Liner Lock are prominently featured in the 2023 Catalog. The street (MAP) price on the Military S30V models are now anywhere from $238.00 to $252.00 (increased by 9.1-9.7% from 2022)!

Military2 Compression Lock with a lower price can't come soon enough but I’m guessing it won’t be until late this year.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln