Caly 3 EDC perfection? Could we see a compression?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Caly 3 EDC perfection? Could we see a compression?

Post by Wartstein »

Caly 3.5 LW should be very much my kind of knife (3.0 not so much).
Wire clip? I would be ok with that, if it was a NON deep carry wire clip (so unlike on the G10 Caly). Deep carry is just not for me with longer knives. And regular hour glass clips totally fine actually. Though a wire clip suits a LIGHTWEIGHT-version well admittedly.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Supacede

Post by Supacede »

I vote the ol Caly 3 wire clip.
mayong

Post by mayong »

UKPK is already very close to an FRN Caly 3, so I'm very happy to hear the plans are for a 3.5 FRN.

Not to mention the 3.5 is one of my favorite designs, so, yeah, all grins here. I really do hope it comes to fruition. Colors, steels; I'll buy three each of however they are. :D
Police | Calypso | Caly 3 & 3.5 | PM 2 | Para 3 | UKPK | Endura | Dragonfly | Sage 2 | Sage 5

"While this test doesn't simulate any logical use of a knife as a tool, since it was a concern of some of our customers, we began incorporating it into our testing protocols." - Michael Janich
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'd like to see the handle tweaked a bit so it enclosed more of the blade tip. It doesn't take much sharpening to cause the tip to stick out from the handle and then you have no choice but to adjust the kick which can also lead to the edge hitting the back spacer. This is my biggest problem with the Caly 3.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
vivi

Post by vivi »

After using the Caly 3, UKPK, Caly Jr, Caly 3.5 and Calypso.....I have to say the Calypso is my favorite of the bunch.

I know it'll never happen because Vivi sized knives don't sell well, but it'd be awesome to see a Calypso Lightweight to go with the Caly Jr and upcoming Caly 3.5 LW.

:unicorn