Spyderco Paramilitary 2 Lets hear from the owners.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
snapshot2017

Spyderco Paramilitary 2 Lets hear from the owners.

Post by snapshot2017 »

I would like to hear "read posts" from owners of the Spyderco Paramilitary 2. I have watched the many good videos about them on line, now i would like to hear from our forum members who own and have used this knife.
renegador

Re: Spyderco Paramilitary 2 Lets hear from the owners.

Post by renegador »

Not sure what you're looking for but... Buy one. First knife I loved enough to own multiples of. Great blade if you like the length. Some folks find themselves prefering either 4" or 3" and not the in-between. All of the steels it is available in, between regular production and sprint steels, are solid. The S110V Blurple has a bit more tendency to chipping, but I haven't had any actual issues with mine. Easy enough to clean up. I have beat on mine pretty heavily. Can't say much that you most likely haven't already heard from said videos. Just buy one. Or find a sporting goods store that has one you can check out in person.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

What do you want to know?

I used to be in love with it and still like it and carry it pretty often. The S110V version is one of my go to beaters. There isn't much to fault it for. I carried a Digicam S30V model everyday for a couple of years before I got too deep into all of this. It is a solid knife, has a great lock, good ergos, good grind, acute tip, and is a good all around size.

If you are on the fence and need a push then I will oblige. Just do it, you wont regret it and if it isn't for you they are easy to sell.

Here is one of my oldest and most loved Spydies.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
lunde

Post by lunde »

Just Do It™.
lsulaw12

Post by lsulaw12 »

Agree with everything above and, if nothing else, the compression lock is just plain fun to fidget with, especially on the larger blade.
ZDP-189 Delica 4, Chaparral FRN, Super Blue Calypso, Jr., HAP40 Dragonfly 2
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I'm not trying to discourage discussion but using the Advanced Search function and searching topic titles for Paramilitary 2 will get you more information than you could possibly care to read.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

To me, my Spyderco is the car equivalent of a BMW M3 for the price of a Honda Accord. 4 way positional pocket clip, super fast deployment, great ergos in hand, a tremendous amount of customization options, very usable blade length, awesome jimping. Once you have the knife in your hand, you will understand why soo many people love it.

On a side note. The guy who owns the company (Spyderco) is a good man I feel great giving my money to. I read up on the guy and his name is Sal. He worked his butt off to make the company what it is today. Once you own a Spyderco, it's hard not to get a few more.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
snapshot2017

Post by snapshot2017 »

Has any owner had a life or death experience they had , that their Spyderco Paramilitary 2 was something that made the difference in the outcome.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

What exactly are you asking?
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

I had a vanilla pm2, nice knife but for day to day stuff in my life it’s just too big of a blade, both in hight and length.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

May I ask what is a “read post”? I’m probably just dense. But at any rate the PM2 is as close to perfection as I’ve ever seen in a knife. Between the blade shape/overall design, the materials, the variety... it all just WORKS. I have a number of them, but without a doubt my absolute favorite is the 52100 exclusive. So good I bought two (and I’ve never done that before or since). Perfect action, finely finished blade, great carbon fiber scales, and ultra ultra sharp! Get one.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
snapshot2017

Post by snapshot2017 »

Maybe i am just asking a question that some don't understand, just has anyone had a really tough box to open using their PM2? That should simple it down correct.
brainfriction

Post by brainfriction »

Just get a PM2. I'd recommend s30v, it's a good all around steel and it's easy to sharpen.
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

The PM2 is what kickstarted my Spyderco addiction... it began with my tenacious which was prematurely confiscated to the great beyond by TSA.

I headed to my nearby sporting good store shortly afterward to pick out a new blade, but already knew I wanted another Spydie. The storeclerk handed me the Manix 2, and the PM2... I was intrigued by both, but the PM2 took me away with the slender shape, lightweight, and simple / efficient design. Plus this was the first time I seen, or handled a compression lock and I really enjoyed it (A. because I am right handed, B. First knife I handled where you don't need to put your fingers in the path of the blade to close it).

Also, another hidden bonus of the PM2 is the wide variety and continuing release of sprint runs in different exotic steels. Not only can you score this knife again and again, but there are a wide variety of aftermarket parts available (looking at you Flytanium). So that certain users, who are bold, daring or just can't leave things alone can really tweak the knife to their liking. Personally, I installed a set of stonewash Flytanium aluminum scales and it has increased my love for the knife tenfold.

However, I will say that although I love my knife... I already was experiencing signs of rust forming around the stop pin, which is what prompted me to swap out the scales. After contacting Spyderco's customer support they informed me that the stop pin is made out of a tool steel for hardness (To take the impact of opening and closing for the lifetime of the blade). I was slightly disappointed because I didn't own the knife more than 4 months when I noticed this. I would wash it, but thoroughly dry it with a microfiber cloth... or so I thought. It hasn't really compromised the integrity of the knife, but a slight nuisance.
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

snapshot2017 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:43 pm
Maybe i am just asking a question that some don't understand, just has anyone had a really tough box to open using their PM2? That should simple it down correct.
Lots of people have cut lots of things with lots of knives.
The PM2 is a favourite for many in areas you can legally carry a knife of that size.

Realistically a PM2 will serve you well, as will a native, delica, stretch, endura as will blades from other quality manufacturers it just depends on what your looking for specifically.

I’ve cut boxes with my keys but wouldn’t recommend that, pm2 is better for box cutting than keys.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I own and have used one. I'm not a big fan. The Manix 2 lightweight fits me a lot better.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
snapshot2017

Post by snapshot2017 »

You guys along with the videos have sold me on ordering one,i have picked this one from the Knife Center "Spyderco C81GPBN2 Limited Edition Paramilitary 2 Folding Knife 3-7/16" S35VN Satin Blade, Earth Brown G10 Handles"
I feel the s35vn is a better choice then the plain s30v, as people have given it a lot of good reviews as a blade material.

What do you forum members think of my choice?
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Sounds like a good choice. Enjoy your new knife.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Yep, nice blade- you should enjoy it
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

No matter which one you pick...