Spydiechef CQI??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Zatx

Re: Spydiechef CQI??

Post by Zatx »

Deadboxhero wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:14 am
Laser Chef

Beautiful! Can I send mine to you for the same treatment?!
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

Nah, I think I'm going to start moving away from Regrinds,they take more time then I realize. This one is for Nero Knives. I like his YouTube channel. He really understands knife geometry so it will fun to watch this one in action.
Zatx wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:50 am
Deadboxhero wrote:
Laser Chef

Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Deadboxhero wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:25 am
Nah, I think I'm going to start moving away from Regrinds,they take more time then I realize. This one is for Nero Knives. I like his YouTube channel. He really understands knife geometry so it will fun to watch this one in action.
Zatx wrote:
Deadboxhero wrote:
Laser Chef

Always quashing my dreams! It is impossible to find someone who does good regrinds(that still does them)...
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

Josh at Razor edge knives does good work.
Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:27 am
Deadboxhero wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:25 am
Zatx wrote:
Deadboxhero wrote:
Laser Chef

Always quashing my dreams! It is impossible to find someone who does good regrinds(that still does them)...
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

Just received my brandnew Spydiechef (AS). Feels amazing in hand when cutting food. My wife was cooking dinner and guess who cut all the vegetables?

It came very sharp out of the box. This knife will certainly go into my rotation.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

It's an all time champ of a knife!
Danvp wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:40 am
Just received my brandnew Spydiechef (AS). Feels amazing in hand when cutting food. My wife was cooking dinner and guess who cut all the vegetables?

It came very sharp out of the box. This knife will certainly go into my rotation.
Owl

Post by Owl »

Just wanted to share some praise for this lovely knife (and would be nice if it sticks around in its current appearance and sales remain healthy). If you asked me last year I wouldn't have even been considering a folding knife, both since I find I'm not particularly drawn to most designs and I tend to use rather specific tools for tasks, yet recently after delving into what was available from different brands I eventually came across the SpydieChef, which stood apart with its combination of design and steel, being compelling enough to make me reconsider.

After looking into a multitude of user impressions I now have a Chef, the first standalone folder I've owned. Glad I could support Spyderco's and Slysz's efforts with this knife.

Has also have become a bit of a favorite among various Youtubers, with Nick Shabazz recommending it recently as his favorite knife under $300, Peter from the Cedric & Ada channel (known for regularly testing steel endurances) considering it the best production folder he's used and an overall personal favorite; BirdShot IV describing it as probably their favorite Spyderco, along with numerous other impressions of similarly high praise from owners both on Youtube and elsewhere.

In its attractive, idiosyncratic way seems like a low key, mid-to-high end keeper that grows on people.