Totally Spyderco related

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Totally Spyderco related

Post by Liquid Cobra »

https://youtu.be/YAD0a6wWFrI
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Bill1170

Re: Totally Spyderco related

Post by Bill1170 »

Pretty funny. Let’s not be that guy, okay?
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

The part where he ran with a knife had me cringing. Pretty anusing otherwise. I'm probably that guy haha :p
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm the opposite of that guy. Nobody gets to use my edge but me.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:25 am
I'm the opposite of that guy. Nobody gets to use my edge but me.
I'm getting more and more like you all the time. I'm to the point now to where I'm extremely picky about who I will let use one of my EDC knives. And I'm not a selfish person by nature at all but I see exactly where David is coming from>> because there probably isn't but maybe 2 out of ten people that are responsible enough to safely use a knife with common sense applied.

And if you loan your blade to a "friend" :rolleyes: and they were to damage the blade or even worse yet actually cut themselves really bad like I had happen to me all the way back to 2013 :rolleyes: Then of course everyone around you is going to ultimately blame you and not the idiot who was being a real idiot :mad:

At this time there are two tools I just won't loan to anyone except a very trusted lifetime friend or family member>> and those are any of my EDC knives or any of my chainsaws. Because the general public by and large doesn't know squat about safely using either one of those 2 tools :(
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i almost died at the end. hilarious.

i almost handed a guy at work my df2 salt when he asked to borrow a knife. something inside of me made me pause and ask why. he was going to use it to pry staples out of papers. i told him tactfully that you don’t use a knife for that and handed him my leatherman wave instead.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

The end was great!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

LOL that was great! :D I agree the ending definitely had me laughing pretty good!

Thanks for sharing LC!
-Nick :bug-red
snapshot2017

Post by snapshot2017 »

Video tells us it's better to keep our EDC knives to ourselves.
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Hahaha, good stuff! I have a friend here at work that's a Benchmade guy. Sometimes we'll trade for a day at work, with promise not to be cutting anything crazy that would damage our edges. I prefer my Spyderco's to his 9 times out of 10. But I do really enjoy his 940-1. Such a slim knife with a good size blade and just disappears in your pocket. He likes my Para 3's and Chaparral LW most. Can't stand my Manix 2 though. Says it feels like he has another phone in his pocket. This is the only person I'll allow use my knives when out of my sight.
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

I'm very much the guy in the video....sadly. It soo weird to me that people don't even have a little Swiss army knife so they have something to cut with. I cringe when I see someone trying to use a key to open a box...or worse, their fingernail?!?! massive paper cut just waiting to happen. Camping without a knife? that's another bad one. I always take a few beater knives camping, because someone always needs a knife and they didn't bring one. I also have my main knife and a little loaner in my pocket at all times. If you can't figure out how not to cut yourself with a 2 two inch Swiss army knife, that's 100% on you:)

The end was the best...watched it two times.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
PStone

Post by PStone »

That was great. Thank you for the good laugh to start my day. I watched twice and made my wife watch it too.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

It isn't that I'm selfish, I've just had too many edges beat up by people who think a pocket knife is a scraper or screwdriver. There's hard use and then there's outright abuse. If someone really needs to borrow a knife I let them use my multi blade.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Hahahaha! That was great! Sometimes it seems many of us are a little of that guy. I did not mean ME! Of course not. But I have a knife. :D
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I do not loan my Spyderco knives to people who don’t know knives and appreciate them. When I did, I would always say, “be careful, it’s really sharp.” That didn’t always register.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Pretty great video.... no lie it can be hard to keep the knife in the pocket (I really admire good engineering), but lately I've been finding less reasons to pop out ye old blade. But when all else fails, the knife is the go to.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:26 am
But I have a knife. :D
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I learned not to loan knives when a yahoo borrowed my knife to open a kids birthday present. It was a Benchmade mini Stryker auto, and he was trying to cut black vinyl-coated WIRE TIES. It took some time on the sharpmaker to fix the edge.

In general I don’t loan anything. I don’t expect people to treat it like it’s their own, I expect them to treat it like it’s MINE and they’ll have to replace it if they foul it up. I also don’t borrow, because I do feel it’s my responsibility to replace or repair something that fails in my care.

There are about 3 guys I’ll loan a knife to; these are men I trust with my bows, rifles, wife, and children. However, these are also people I don’t need to loan a knife to, as they are self-reliant and responsible types who already have their own quality knives. I’m the “nut”, I guess.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:32 am
.... I've just had too many edges beat up by people who think a pocket knife is a scraper or screwdriver. ....
I've noticed a split in the people I know who carry knives. Some carry knives as a cutting tool and maintain a sharp edge on it. Others carry them as "Knife Shaped Objects", they use them as screwdrivers, scrapers, to pry staples loose, and to poke and tear holes in packaging (as opposed to actually cutting). I find the K.S.O. crowd has not only never sharpened their knives, they do not know how to.

I don't let people use my knives any more, with rare exception for those deemed competent (although those people tend to have knives already, it's usually not them needing one, it's me saying "here try mine and tell me what you think".)
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

"Knife Shaped Objects". I like that. I'm using that term from now on.