Sprint Run Burled Manix 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ABX2011

Re: Sprint Run Burled Manix 2

Post by ABX2011 »

Looks like a mod gone wrong.
Nate

Post by Nate »

I like them. I assume each one will have unique variations in the pattern.
:spyder:
MMGRenovations

Post by MMGRenovations »

Looks like it has DLC liners and hardware. I remember last year I wanted a DLC manix with better steel and here they are. First the m4 and now this one. I will most likely pick up a couple of these. The first thing that has to go are those scales. If they would have made them in M390 they probably would have sold out fast.
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Such divergent views on the scales :) Obviously a personal aesthetic preference. I like these much better than the zome scales we are seeing in frn.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

MMGRenovations wrote:Looks like it has DLC liners and hardware. I remember last year I wanted a DLC manix with better steel and here they are. First the m4 and now this one. I will most likely pick up a couple of these. The first thing that has to go are those scales. If they would have made them in M390 they probably would have sold out fast.
If they were DLC Cruwear and I would have bought a few and done scale swaps. I'm not really interested in any more S90V/S110V/S30V these days, aside from stealing the Blurple scales from the S110V models.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I definitely like them better than the zome.

Different tastes.
MMGRenovations

Post by MMGRenovations »

steelcity16 wrote:
MMGRenovations wrote:Looks like it has DLC liners and hardware. I remember last year I wanted a DLC manix with better steel and here they are. First the m4 and now this one. I will most likely pick up a couple of these. The first thing that has to go are those scales. If they would have made them in M390 they probably would have sold out fast.
If they were DLC Cruwear and I would have bought a few and done scale swaps. I'm not really interested in any more S90V/S110V/S30V these days, aside from stealing the Blurple scales from the S110V models.
While I do have S90v knives I have no real experience with performance. I just have new knives that are part of my collection. I do have quite a bit experience with S110v. I haves used a native 5 and a para 2 quite heavily in s110v. I really like it, so for me this would a a good opportunity to try out S90v. Depending on what I'm doing that day for work sometimes I can dull a S110v knife the same day. I should probably be using box cutters but where's the fun in that.

BTW if I can find my blurple para 2 scales I would be happy to let you have them.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

MMGRenovations wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:
While I do have S90v knives I have no real experience with performance. I just have new knives that are part of my collection. I do have quite a bit experience with S110v. I haves used a native 5 and a para 2 quite heavily in s110v. I really like it, so for me this would a a good opportunity to try out S90v. Depending on what I'm doing that day for work sometimes I can dull a S110v knife the same day. I should probably be using box cutters but where's the fun in that.

BTW if I can find my blurple para 2 scales I would be happy to let you have them.
Thank you sir! That is very generous of you. Glad to put them to use. I can't get enough Blurple, Jade and Red G10! :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

I would of liked to see any other steel besides s90v. There have been way to many exclusives recently using that steel.
MMGRenovations

Post by MMGRenovations »

steelcity16 wrote:
MMGRenovations wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:

Thank you sir! That is very generous of you. Glad to put them to use. I can't get enough Blurple, Jade and Red G10! :)
No problem man it beats having them in a drawer collecting dust. I will ship them out to you this weekend.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Breaking down the SKU listed at GPK (C101MGPBRBBK), I wonder if Spyderco is going to call it "burled" (as indicated) or "marbled". Since Spyderco is pretty consistent on how they generate the SKU, here's how I would translate it:

C101 Manix 2
MG Marbled G-10
P Plainedge
BRB Brown/Black (handle color - they use "BR" for brown and "B" for black, so I'm assuming this sequence in the SKU just means brown black)
BK Black coated blade
*2 This isn't listed on the GPK site as part of the SKU, but all the Manix 2's so far except the KBPI exclusive have ended in a "2" to designate it's the 2nd gen Manix. I'd suspect GPK is just missing it.

Using an "MG" in the SKU vs. "BG" is what makes me think that "Marbled G-10" is going to be the official term rather than "Burled G-10". But maybe I'm just being too nerdy. :p
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

I almost sheet my pants reading the title. Opening up thread waiting to see some burled wood Spyderco. Instead I puked a little in my mouth when I seen this G10.
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

This is probably the more appropriate thread to review since I don't believe it's a KC exclusive. Can't wait to get my first s90v spydie.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Yea no joy on those scales. My heart jumped when I saw “burled” because I thought that meant stabilized wood. I’ll pass.
the74impala

Post by the74impala »

Sjucaveman wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:26 am
This is probably the more appropriate thread to review since I don't believe it's a KC exclusive. Can't wait to get my first s90v spydie.

Correct, Just a sprint run. Lots of places are waiting on them.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Kinda looks like doodie, per my daughter. I'll stick to the 52100 version.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I think it is going to look better in real life than in those terrible pictures on the websites.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I like it, variety is the spice of life after all!
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

Will be interesting to see how long this hangs around after coming out. I would think it won't sell out real quick.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:20 pm
hmmmmm...not my cup of tea. Not diggin the scales and bored with all of the S90V. I mean what's the point of doing all of these S90V sprints when S110V is a production steel...
I may be fooling myself, but it seems to me that s90v is tougher than s110v. For a folding pocket knife, I don't think that matters much, but I don't think that s110v is "all that s90v is but better". I really do think they are genuinely different, with s110v having more edge retention and s90v being tougher.

I guess that makes your point on a folder like this (where I'd prefer s110v to s90v because of the added wear resistance, and don't really need max toughness), but I think I actually prefer s90v to s110v on fixed blades.