LC200N Pacific Salt

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kuranes

Re: LC200N Pacific Salt

Post by kuranes »

I'm pretty certain both H1 and LC200N are 100% rust proof.
attila

Post by attila »

So how soon can we expect these to hit the market?
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
phaust

Post by phaust »

kuranes wrote:I'm pretty certain both H1 and LC200N are 100% rust proof.
According to Spyderco, lc200n is *not* rustproof

At the factory store, they said while h1 is completely rustproof, lc200n is still way more rust resistant than other steels with better edge holding in plain edge.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

That's the impression I have too. It is very unlikely that LC200N will ever rust, but we know that H1 never will.
sal

Post by sal »

They both test rust free in Q-Fog testing. We have had a very few customers say they they have seen rust on their Salts. What little "rust" we've seen from customers rubs off with a finger nail with no damage to the steel. Hard to say what's really going on. We had some of these blades analyzed by "experts", but they couldn't tell us much.

One theory is electrolysis, but even that's just a theory. If it's true rust, then it must be affecting the steel, for which we could find no evidence.

I don't know where the store is getting their info?

sal
thewoodpecker

Post by thewoodpecker »

Good indication of how LC200N performs in corrosion resistance as well as plenty of great info: https://youtu.be/TDphafD4rNA&t
Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue user, Astute enthusiast, and geometry advocate.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Sal, maybe this was answered elsewhere, but what are the chances of a PM2 in LC200N someday? Be it sprint or production, man would that be awesome..
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I can't wait to try a LC200N Pac Salt. Down the road, PM2 also? Why not?
vivi

Post by vivi »

Sal,

Will the flat ground LC200N Pacsalt, and the Pacific Salt 2 have the same thickness at the spine as the H1 Pacific Salt 1? Or will either of the new iterations feature a distal taper like the Military, Police, etc? I'm hoping LC200N will make this more practical compared to H1 in regards to the machining required.
:unicorn
attila

Post by attila »

Bumping this thread in hopes of answers to some questions.

I got excited for this since I'll be in the Atlantic in this summer, and I was hoping this new version comes soon enough.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
tangent

Post by tangent »

Yes...this is exciting...would love to know time frame on when to expect it.
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Really looking forward to this Pacific, especially with the Volcano pattern FRN handles. The Native 5 also coming up in LC200N, will make for a nice edc combo, would almost feel sorry I can't spend more time in water.. ;)

BTW, actually also hoping that both these new Salts might be available in combo edge as well, LC200N should make for a nice steel for that.
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
tonijedi wrote:My next purchase will be a Pacific Salt SE. I was going for the PE but I'll wait for this new version.

That sounds like a great excellent choice to me. After you use it for awhile please let myself and others know your feedback and how you like it as a cutting tool.
Haven't used it for a while yet, but I'm pleasantly surprised by the way it carries in the pocket. It's a bigger knife than the PM2 but carries much better in the pocket. When I have more to say I'll come back to share it.
HammerHill

Post by HammerHill »

Endura handle is a no-go for me. I was hoping the new Pacific Salt would mean an update to the flawed Endura handle, not the other way 'round. I'll be waiting for the LC200N Salt 2 - I honestly feel that with the weight savings from the Delica liner delete coupled with the FFG blade it has the potential to be Spyderco's greatest knife, ever.
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

HammerHill wrote:Endura handle is a no-go for me. I was hoping the new Pacific Salt would mean an update to the flawed Endura handle, not the other way 'round. I'll be waiting for the LC200N Salt 2 - I honestly feel that with the weight savings from the Delica liner delete coupled with the FFG blade it has the potential to be Spyderco's greatest knife, ever.
Agree! Please bring a FFG LC200N plain edge Salt 2.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

HammerHill wrote:Endura handle is a no-go for me. I was hoping the new Pacific Salt would mean an update to the flawed Endura handle, not the other way 'round. I'll be waiting for the LC200N Salt 2 - I honestly feel that with the weight savings from the Delica liner delete coupled with the FFG blade it has the potential to be Spyderco's greatest knife, ever.
Didn’t Sal say the first LC200N Pacific Salts would use the current Pacific Salt/e3 handle?
Canazes9

Post by Canazes9 »

Surfingringo wrote:
Didn’t Sal say the first LC200N Pacific Salts would use the current Pacific Salt/e3 handle?
He did and that they would be in simultaneous production for a while. I personally love the Endura4 handle, fits me like it was custom measured for my hand.

David
vivi

Post by vivi »

Canazes9 wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:
He did and that they would be in simultaneous production for a while. I personally love the Endura4 handle, fits me like it was custom measured for my hand.

David
David, out of curiosity where do you put your first two fingers on the E4 handle?
:unicorn
Canazes9

Post by Canazes9 »

Vivi wrote:
Canazes9 wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:

David
David, out of curiosity where do you put your first two fingers on the E4 handle?

Just so happens my ZDP189 Endura is in my pocket now, but I'm not sure I've figured out imugr yet....

Frick! Finally figured imugr out!

David
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

C9, that is also how I grip the E4. If I don’t need as forward of a grip I can also slide my grip back so my ring finger and pinky are both in the rear most area which allows my pointer and middle fingers to line up in the other “grooves”. I have small hands but can take advantage of 2 different grips comfortably.