LC200N Pacific Salt

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Surfingringo

Re: LC200N Pacific Salt

Post by Surfingringo »

I’m very excited for this one. Obviously! Sal, I’m curious what handle colors y’all are planning to offer. I would like to respectfully request that you offer a version of this knife with a standard black handle/satin blade option. I know that for myself (and likely many others) this knife is going to become my new favorite EDC carry. It would be nice to have it in a standard black/satin color. I’ll certainly get a yellow one too but I prefer something more subdued for my everyday knife.
sal

Post by sal »

I would like to make the first run in the current Pacific handle, both black and yellow. Thought about using an off yellow and maybe an off black to distinguish the steel from H1. We plan on making a new Pacific 2 handle like the Salt 2. We'll use the current E4 pattern wit no liners like the Salt 2 (ribbed inner structure) Sorry for the few that don't like the shape, but the large majority likes the E4 shape. Blade will be same as H1 version in pattern, but full flat ground. We'll use the stronger tip. Those that don't like it can regrind their spines.

sal
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Sounds perfect.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I've been hoping for a day glow light blue color FRN with black hardware for the Native Salt, I think it would look cool on one of these too. I think if it's bright enough, people could still see it even if they drop it in water.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Thank you for the update Sal, good news all. I am one of those who has in the past petitioned for keeping the E3 handle. It seems to sit in my hand more naturally but I have to concede that might be simply because I’ve spent so much time using that handle. I personally have no issue with transitioning to the e4 handle and I’m sure my hand will “settle in” to the shape in short order. I AM looking forward to the ribbing on the new handle as that adds a lot of rigidity to the unlined frn. I am also pleased with the news about keeping the stronger tip. I am one of the folks that regrinds the spine of my Pacific Salts to give them a pointier tip but I have always agreed that they should come with the stronger tip. If they came the way I liked them then everyone wanting something stronger would be SOL. As it is, I can regrind one to my taste in 5 minutes. Thanks for all the info. Any idea on ETA? Any chance we’ll see these before summer??
attila

Post by attila »

I'm curious, how will the MSRP on this new LC200N version compare to the H1 version? Thanks!
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Sal this sounds amazing, thank you. The Pacific Salt is my all time favorite, and the updates will make it even better.
vivi

Post by vivi »

sal wrote:I would like to make the first run in the current Pacific handle, both black and yellow. Thought about using an off yellow and maybe an off black to distinguish the steel from H1. We plan on making a new Pacific 2 handle like the Salt 2. We'll use the current E4 pattern wit no liners like the Salt 2 (ribbed inner structure) Sorry for the few that don't like the shape, but the large majority likes the E4 shape. Blade will be same as H1 version in pattern, but full flat ground. We'll use the stronger tip. Those that don't like it can regrind their spines.

sal
Sal this is superb news, thank you for sharing. Thanks for making the FFG LC200N Pacific Salt a reality. I'll be buying multiples in the E3 shape. I really appreciate you running them in both handle styles for picky folks like me :D
:unicorn
mattman

Post by mattman »

Shipping the steel to Japan? Or will production be in Golden? (I forget which foundry makes this stuff?)
sal

Post by sal »

The steel is shipped to Golden from Europe, then shipped to Japan from Golden.

sal
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

PE Pacific Salt in LC200N? I'm on it.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
brj

Post by brj »

Thanks for your comments everyone and thanks Sal for the details. I'll be one of those buying multiples in the E3 pattern for a simple motive (during summer I carry IWB my board shorts and the volcano imprint on the skin of my hip after 8 hours or so is much bearable than the more aggressive E4 texture) but be sure I'll try one with the E4 pattern as well. I also prefer a pointier tip but, as several mentioned, a fairly simple mod will take care of that.

Huge thanks to Spyderco for making this happen and, like Gringo, I do hope we'll see them before summer.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Superb news! Thank you! Thank you! :)
shaztec

Post by shaztec »

Quick question for sal- will the lc200n Pacific salt be replacing the h1 version or will they exist together? Thanks.
shaztecs_knives on instagram
vivi

Post by vivi »

shaztec wrote:Quick question for sal- will the lc200n Pacific salt be replacing the h1 version or will they exist together? Thanks.
With the comments about using different shades of FRN I'd imagine they'll co-exist for the time being.
:unicorn
elena86

Post by elena86 »

cabfrank wrote:I absolutely love Salts, and I absolutely love H1, both PE and SE. That said, I am very excited about this one. As others have said, FFG and a pointy tip are my wishes. Both, or either, and I'm buying. We'll see if it is the newer E4 handle or not, but my guess is it will be.
E4 handle ? Meh !
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

I'm also in favor of a E3 handle and a stronger tip (you can always remove metal from a blade but the opposite is not ture!)
FFG is gonna be killer combo with that rustproof steel to boot

as for the steel,going from EU to US and from US to Japan, that sure adds to the final cost of my (our) dream folding knife. Sounds ridiculous to me, such a trip, but I suppose Sal has his reasons that I'm unaware of...
Canazes9

Post by Canazes9 »

sal wrote:I would like to make the first run in the current Pacific handle, both black and yellow. Thought about using an off yellow and maybe an off black to distinguish the steel from H1. We plan on making a new Pacific 2 handle like the Salt 2. We'll use the current E4 pattern wit no liners like the Salt 2 (ribbed inner structure) Sorry for the few that don't like the shape, but the large majority likes the E4 shape. Blade will be same as H1 version in pattern, but full flat ground. We'll use the stronger tip. Those that don't like it can regrind their spines.

sal
Perfect!

David
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

jalcon wrote:LC200N PM2 would be amazing. Pretty much my, and I know many others grail!

Agreed! LC200N PM2 full Salt model would be incredible. Especially in something like yellow G10 (my preference would be a semi-translucent yellow like the jade, blurple, and DLT red, but i'd still be all over a regular yellow G10). They would have to make it a production piece because they would sell by the boatload.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:I've been hoping for a day glow light blue color FRN with black hardware for the Native Salt, I think it would look cool on one of these too. I think if it's bright enough, people could still see it even if they drop it in water.
Absolutely! I've been thinking the same thing! We need a day-glow version of the Salt series (or even the full Seki line...would make a great sprint!) and blue would be a great choice!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red