I wish Spyderco would make...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderNut

Re: I wish Spyderco would make...

Post by SpyderNut »

J32A2 wrote:More Golden knives!
+1
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

A multitool...
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
Chan-daman45

Post by Chan-daman45 »

I would love to see them come out with either a battleststion 2 that is slightly larger and thinner behind the edge or a smaller chinook model
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

Not sure if this has been brought up, but a Para3 in XHP would be really cool.
Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr
pftbahaa

Post by pftbahaa »

I'm dying for a salsa sprint in literally ANY steel or material/color!

That and a front flipper. I would love to see something somewhat similar to an Olamic Busker drop from Spyderco. Heck, I'm working on a design myself that's pretty much what I'm wishing for.
sal

Post by sal »

ConspicuousConsumption wrote:A multitool...

https://www.google.com/search?q=spydere ... UA6NjwvbkM:

Unfortunately, no longer available.

sal
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Such a shame the Spyderwrench didn’t make it. Even a bigger shame that it was discontinued before my time. Looks like s helluva tool and there was obviously a ton of work that went into the design. I would love to own one!
ConspicuousConsumption

sal wrote:

sal
Mr. Sal, you know good and well that just about every Tom, Dick and Harry that loves Spydies would buy a new version of that multitool, assuming it’s $75 or less and has the blade on the outside. If you need me to test out a prototype just let me know.

:)
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

ConspicuousConsumption wrote:
sal wrote:

sal
Mr. Sal, you know good and well that just about every Tom, Dick and Harry that loves Spydies would buy a new version of that multitool, assuming it’s $75 or less and has the blade on the outside. If you need me to test out a prototype just let me know.

:)
I'd be happy with the Byrdrench. From a price to value perspective I might even prefer the Byrd version.
Skoalart

Post by Skoalart »

I most definitely agree with the multi tool. I carry one every day. And the whole Byrd thing that surfingringo said is a swell idea. :spyder:
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

The new clipitool is kind of a multi tool. I am considering one.
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
ConspicuousConsumption

rybu0305 wrote:The new clipitool is kind of a multi tool. I am considering one.
Eh... agree to disagree? I would agree that it’s similar to a Swiss Army. But I hear you. Seriously though, I’m loving my Leatherman Skeletool because it’s a knife first, multitool second.

Mr. Sal, I hear a good idea brewing here!!!
jimmd

Post by jimmd »

... a Sage 5 in M390!
Jim
blendergasket

Post by blendergasket »

A Shaman in S35VN, 3V, or Cruwear. I'd love a version of this knife with a tough steel. This thing would make a killer camp/hiking knife.
thewoodpecker

Post by thewoodpecker »

Nilakka w/ handle shape and wire clip of the Lil' and tool steel (Cruwear, M4, 4V etc.)
Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue user, Astute enthusiast, and geometry advocate.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Surfingringo wrote:Such a shame the Spyderwrench didn’t make it. Even a bigger shame that it was discontinued before my time. Looks like s helluva tool and there was obviously a ton of work that went into the design. I would love to own one!
Multitools are a harder sell for me than knives are, I'm even more picky and selective about the tool assortment than I am about knife steels and ergonomics. So far the best tool for my needs has been the Victorinox Spirit but there are several things I'd change about it if I could. The best thing about a Spyderco multi would be that it should have a far better blade than other tools but I always have a dedicated knife on me so I'm more concerned with the tool selection.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Art_vandeley

Post by Art_vandeley »

More wood and brass, have less screws in the handle scales ( for example Myrtle and One Eyed Jack). I desire a cleaner design.

Other than that I am very happy with Spyderco. It is one of those companies that will always offer something interesting every year.
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

thewoodpecker wrote:Nilakka w/ handle shape and wire clip of the Lil' and tool steel (Cruwear, M4, 4V etc.)
Great idea!
what,if anything, will spyderco do next with pd1 (~ cruwear)? But nilakka seems a good candidate for m4 or 4v!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Jimmd, Blendergasket,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

dogrunner wrote:
thewoodpecker wrote:Nilakka w/ handle shape and wire clip of the Lil' and tool steel (Cruwear, M4, 4V etc.)
Great idea!
what,if anything, will spyderco do next with pd1 (~ cruwear)? But nilakka seems a good candidate for m4 or 4v!

I like it except for the wire clip. The Nilakka isn't the lightest knife, I'd stick with an hourglass clip.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David