S90V DLC Yojimbo 2 (coyote brown) Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rivy

Re: S90V DLC Yojimbo 2 (coyote brown) Exclusive

Post by rivy »

Swap the scales! I definitely want to see someone post an all black Yo2 or a CF/black blade Yo2!
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Loving the pictures everyone is posting! Super jealous of everyone who got there's today. Mine is due for delivery tomorrow because I choose FedEx for shipping. I've had way too many problems with USPS.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Put it to work already :D Sails through cardboard and hard plastic. I love Spyderco DLC, it scuffs, but you really have to be cutting something metal for it to scratch. The DLC on my Native 5 looks almost new still after months of use.

Some more Glamour Shots :D I love new knife days :cool:

Just so no one gets the wrong idea, those scuff marks DO wipe off with a moist towel.
See? All better :D
Last edited by ZrowsN1s on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
palonej

Post by palonej »

Been looking and looking Dave, but my 2 look pretty close to identical.
Perfect action, perfect centering.......awesome knife!! I had the dog's names engraved on the blade.
They did a nice job on it!
Joe
Attachments
IMG_2783.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg
nosuchagency

Post by nosuchagency »

crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

What geometry did this blade come with? What geometry does everyone plan on starting with?

Justin
Justin
glutofknives

Post by glutofknives »

I just got mine in and I noticed that it has two washers on either side, for a total of 4 washers. Is anybody elses like that?
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Black is slimming so the tip appears thinner :D :p
swisspyder

Post by swisspyder »

Have to say, this looks very good in the black/brown combo. I can only imagine how good it will look with some nice custom CF scales :) mmm
Spydercos currently in my collection:
Gayle Bradley 1, Urban K390, Tenacious
Owned in the past:
Techno, Advocate
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

glutofknives wrote:I just got mine in and I noticed that it has two washers on either side, for a total of 4 washers. Is anybody elses like that?

Kinda does look like 4? I haven't taken mine apart so I can't say for sure, could be the reflection of the washer on the liner creating an optical illusion?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

swisspyder wrote:Have to say, this looks very good in the black/brown combo. I can only imagine how good it will look with some nice custom CF scales :) mmm
Hi swisspyder, welcome to the forum!

I was all set to do a scale swap (read my first post in this thread), but I have completely changed my mind. The Black and Brown look great. This knife is going to be a user, and those colors will go a long way towards, 1. Making the knife look classy, it's more Gentelmans knife than Tactical (although it certainly has tactical applications) and 2. Keeping it low key. The standard Yo2 draws a lot of eyes when you open it, that big shiny Wharncliffe with the deep hollow grind and thick stock gets attention (and reflects a lot of light, the curve of the hollow grind practically ensures it's always catching light at some angle), you can see it from across a room. The DLC does a great job of subduing the scary blade factor.... however, if you were to then swap the scales for Black, so you have Black DLC and Black handles... suddenly you have created another psychological trigger for the general public every bit as deep as the shiny blade is, you have made the dreaded deadly black assualt knife, the mere sight of which can cause panic in mere mortals :rolleyes: Like I said the Coyote Brown takes it from Tactical to Gentleman quite effectively. CF might work well in that regard too, but I don't think as nice as the Coyote Scales do :D (imho)
Last edited by ZrowsN1s on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
Lumpy620

Post by Lumpy620 »

Girlfriend: (looks at empty priority mail box) "Did you order something shiny again?"
Me: "True story, it's the opposite of shiny."
Girlfriend: (looks puzzled)
Me: (Shows her new Yojimbo)
Girlfriend: "Ooooooooooh, I get it... Ooh! It looks like that other really pretty one you have!" (referring to my Ronin 2, which she really likes)

To review: the Ronin 2 is pretty, and this new guy is awesome :p
2017-08-07 19.28.06.jpg
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Lumpy620 wrote:Girlfriend: (looks at empty priority mail box) "Did you order something shiny again?"
Me: "True story, it's the opposite of shiny."
Girlfriend: (looks puzzled)
Me: (Shows her new Yojimbo)
Girlfriend: "Ooooooooooh, I get it... Ooh! It looks like that other really pretty one you have!" (referring to my Ronin 2, which she really likes)

To review: the Ronin 2 is pretty, and this new guy is awesome :p

2017-08-07 19.28.06.jpg
You're a lucky man Lumpy.

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Knife Center says they almost sold out over the weekend. Is it too soon to say I told ya so? I was asking for this 5 years ago lol.
~David
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Just opened mine, almost didn't grab this one, oh what a mistake that would have been, perfect specimen, centered w/even grinds, free swinger when lock engaged and no blade play. I'd post some pics but it would look just like everyone else. :cool: :spyder:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
palonej

Post by palonej »

I have to say that this is an excellent exclusive!
Everyone seems very happy with it!!
DLC hint: if you do get scratches in the coating, Ballistol on the blade and scrub with old toothbrush.
Joe
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

farnorthdan wrote:Just opened mine, almost didn't grab this one, oh what a mistake that would have been, perfect specimen, centered w/even grinds, free swinger when lock engaged and no blade play. I'd post some pics but it would look just like everyone else. :cool: :spyder:
Do not underestimate the value of a nice background. No ones posted any outdoor pics yet :D

timlara

Post by timlara »

Evil D wrote:Knife Center says they almost sold out over the weekend. Is it too soon to say I told ya so? I was asking for this 5 years ago lol.
Yep, I suspect a regular production "blackout" version would sell very well also. If I wasn't way over budget on knife spending lately, I would be all over this one...

I'm still waiting for the "blurple" regular production variant, too. :)
Tim
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

timlara wrote:
Evil D wrote:Knife Center says they almost sold out over the weekend. Is it too soon to say I told ya so? I was asking for this 5 years ago lol.
Yep, I suspect a regular production "blackout" version would sell very well also. If I wasn't way over budget on knife spending lately, I would be all over this one...

In the end I can't complain, I would have settled for S30V. The fact that this is also S90V is a huge bonus.
~David
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

timlara wrote: Yep, I suspect a regular production "blackout" version would sell very well also. If I wasn't way over budget on knife spending lately, I would be all over this one...

How do you feel about Blurple and DLC S110V? :D