DO NOT Try to Take Yr Knife into a Presidential Candidate's Rally!1,000s Confiscated

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
critter

DO NOT Try to Take Yr Knife into a Presidential Candidate's Rally!1,000s Confiscated

Post by critter »

While Knife Rights' Knife Check worked great at Donald Trump's NRA Annual Meeting appearance, we can't follow all the candidates around the nation doing knife checks. If your try to enter a presidential or vice-presidential rally with a knife (or almost anything metal except for car keys), it will be confiscated or you will be turned away!
At many of these rallies, hundreds of attendees are losing their knives. Nationwide, thousands of knives have been confiscated! In most instances, once confiscated you'll not be given the opportunity to reclaim your knife. Leave your knife at home or in your car.

We were reminded of this by an article about 200 knives confiscated at a rally in Prescott Valley, Arizona. In this case, kudos go to the Prescott Valley Police Department who are allowing folks to claim their knives. Again, in most cases, once your knife is confiscated, it is gone for good!

Be the first to know. Get the latest Knife Rights updates:

And, sign up for our FREE News Slice™ Newsletter for more news you need to know.

Knife Rights is making a difference!
Invest a modest sum in a Sharper Future™ to protect your tools and rights.

JOIN KNIFE RIGHTS TODAY!

RexGig0

Re: DO NOT Try to Take Yr Knife into a Presidential Candidate's Rally!1,000s Confiscated

Post by RexGig0 »

I do not understand the reason to attend a political rally, unless someone paid me quite handsomely to work a security detail, in which case I would be bringing guns, knives, a Taser, and a baton.
Dr. Snubnose

Re: DO NOT Try to Take Yr Knife into a Presidential Candidate's Rally!1,000s Confiscated

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Quick question Doug, different topic if you please.... I read an article that the NYC DA and Police Commissioner have asked the Governor to veto the proposed bill you worked so tirelessly on, with references to folding knives still being considered dangerous switchblades. Is this true, do you know, and if it is true what kinda of influence do you think the DA and Comm. have on the Governor?......Doc
critter

Post by critter »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Quick question Doug, different topic if you please.... I read an article that the NYC DA and Police Commissioner have asked the Governor to veto the proposed bill you worked so tirelessly on, with references to folding knives still being considered dangerous switchblades. Is this true, do you know, and if it is true what kinda of influence do you think the DA and Comm. have on the Governor?......Doc
At this point, the only ones trying to persuade the Governor to veto the bill are the mayor and his lackey. Coumo is as indecipherable a politician as exists. "Inscrutable" is a fair description. As you may know, the NAACP and NYCLU both recently came out in favor of the bill: http://www.kniferights.org/index.php?op ... 2&Itemid=1

Given how close the elections are, we really don't expect any movement on the bill until after the elections. At that point it becomes a complicated political calculus. The joys of doing legislation...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This kinda seems like a no brainer to me. I would chalk this up as a government type assembly/meeting and I wouldn't carry my knife or my gun into something like this, especially if one of the candidates were actually there. With the two goons we have running this year, I'm sure they're keeping an eye out for any kind of assassination attempt, so I would hesitate to throw a paper airplane at one of these rally's lol.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Thank you for the update Doug..sorry to take you off topic here....Doc:)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I'm really not surprised...
mattman

Post by mattman »

Are they also claiming that "outside food and drink" are federally punishable offenses?

Man, that sign tickles my irony bone...
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

No matter what your political beliefs (and you're welcome to them), attending a rally this year could be physically dangerous to you thanks to good old Dirty Tricks and Psych-Ops. Intentional violence is on the menu this year.

*EDITED to remove video link - crosses too far into politics (which we politely request not become a topic of discussion here). - TazKristi
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Here is a somewhat related question: What would happen if a US President stood up at a State of the Union press conference and pulled out a full-sized lock blade one hand opener, like a Spyderco Police or Endura, and said "Ladies and gentlemen, people of all states and nations, I fully support the right to carry knives, fixed blade, folding, daggers, switchblades, butterfly knives, and all kinds, for lawful use by the people. I am hereby against all anti knife laws, statutes, and claims." What would the reactions by the various other US government officials and politicians, as well as by people around the world be, if the President was an openly, unashamedly supporter of knife rights, and then promised to put his or her full Presidential power behind nullifying and voiding as many anti knife carry and use laws as they can, within the limits of Presidential power?
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

What would happen.....we all would be grinning from ear to ear! ...but as our luck might have it he would probably stand up at a State of the Union press conference, pulled out a full sized lock blade one hand opener....and cut himself.......Doc:)
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

You know I've always wondered. Can the President carry a gun or does he rely solely on the secret service.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

VashHash wrote:You know I've always wondered. Can the President carry a gun or does he rely solely on the secret service.
As "commander in chief of the US military" I should think it would be legal, so he probably could. OTOH, I doubt that any President since TR has exercised that right.

As for the rallies, I suspect that even if a given candidate was a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, their Secret Service detail would strenuously object to those attending carrying weapons of any kind.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

The Deacon wrote:
VashHash wrote:You know I've always wondered. Can the President carry a gun or does he rely solely on the secret service.
As "commander in chief of the US military" I should think it would be legal, so he probably could. OTOH, I doubt that any President since TR has exercised that right.

As for the rallies, I suspect that even if a given candidate was a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, their Secret Service detail would strenuously object to those attending carrying weapons of any kind.
Teddy Roosevelt was the exact president i was thinking of.
markg

Post by markg »

I read an article sometime ago, it was said that Regan often carried a .38 revolver in a briefcase when he was president.