Zero Tolerance 0562CF

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
bh49

Zero Tolerance 0562CF

Post by bh49 »

I am thinking about this knife for a while. It was mentioned few times that it has slicer grind. Can owners share their experience? Does it slice as good as Caly? Native? or this knife is a slicer to compare with other ZT?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
MacLaren

Re: Zero Tolerance 0562CF

Post by MacLaren »

I have the original M390 version.
By far and away one of the very best knives ive ever owned. It is a Rick Hinderer slicer version.
She slices extremely well. Not mention the knife is just flat a home run in all apects.....balance egos etc..
Most like the 0562CF even better than the Rick Hinderer version lol. She flips like a rocket too.
Ill also mention the ZT 0452CF as well. Not a slicer, but an incredible flipper knife as well.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Thank you for your input. How does it cut to compare with Native or Caly or Delica?
I am glad that you like ergos. How big is your hand?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

BostonTom

Post by BostonTom »

I own the ZT 0562 with G10 and Elmax. The build quality is amazing. The blade rockets out on every flip. Everything is tight and perfect. The ergos are great. That being said, I haven't cut a thing with it. Without using it I can safely say the knife will cut/slice better then most ZTs. However, it won't slice anything like a Delica.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

bh49 wrote:Thank you for your input. How does it cut to compare with Native or Caly or Delica?
I am glad that you like ergos. How big is your hand?
She will suprise you at just how well she will slice!
Seriously, this knife is about as good as any.
My hands are medium bordering on large.
It slices better than my Caly hands down.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

This thread needs some pics. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
BostonTom

Post by BostonTom »

That's good to know it slices so well.
I've been wrong before and will be wrong again.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

BostonTom wrote:That's good to know it slices so well.
I've been wrong before and will be wrong again.
Im not sure it will slice better than a Delica:)
Ive never had a Delica before, but it does slice very well.
And I think part of that is due to it being M390, and professionally sharpened by Jason Bosman.
I can see why you would say it wouldnt slice as well as a Delica. They are a fairly big knife.
Squawk

Post by Squawk »

I own the 0562 CF as well. Very nice knife indeed, although for acutal slicing tasks i'd also prefer a simple delica / endura! That being said, the build quality and f&f of this knife are amazing. For me personally it's more of a display piece than a user...
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Frankly, I am looking for new EDC. 204P or M390 is one of primary attraction. I can only wish that Spyderco would make N5 with either of these steel. Unfortunately none of Spydercos with this steel attracts me. Military is the great knife, but too big for my taste. So I started to look at other companies. The only concern that Spyderco spoiled me with great ergos and their slicers, so it can be difficult to find something comparable. I realize that I cannot ask 562 to slice like Delica of Caly, but at least to be close to N5. Still not easy 4mm thick blade vs 3 mm. Would 562 slicing be any close to para?

Squawk

Post by Squawk »

I guess the slicing action should be quite comparable to a para. Ergos are pretty good i think, if you can live with the weight. Size is good for EDC and the knife is plenty strong for most tasks. The G10 version of the 562 has more grip but comes with Elmax. I'd say go for it, i don't think you'll be disappointed!
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Have you thought about a Benchmade in cpm 20cv?? 20cv is crucible's version of bohler's m390 and carpenter's 204p. The new 2016 Benchmade Griptillian models offer this steel + G10 at a better price point than the ZT models mentioned.

You can also get the mini Griptillian which is going to be closer in size to an N5 or Delica and there is also a version with the opening hole.

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Have you thought about a Benchmade in cpm 20cv?? 20cv is crucible's version of bohler's m390 and carpenter's 204p. The new 2016 Benchmade Griptillian models offer this steel + G10 at a better price point than the ZT models mentioned.

You can also get the mini Griptillian which is going to be closer in size to an N5 or Delica and there is also a version with the opening hole.

I saw both Grip and mini. I do not like scales. Sorry. I like 710 KW exclusive, but it is huge.

bh49

Post by bh49 »

Update.
I bought and love it so far. It took couple days to get used to ergos. It is fine now. Action, F&F are great. I love low riding clip. It looks like it will not be my last ZT. I already have 0561 and I love it as well. It is little too big for EDC, but will be great, if one day I will need heavy duty knife.

shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Thread does need a picture...
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol....I remember when I got my 0562CF.
I actually thought the knife was locked up it was sooo hard to flip! It took a while to and a very sore finger to get her broken in.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

shunsui wrote:Thread does need a picture...
Very nice. I have one in M390 as well.
I believe the sn is 1017.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Thanks. I'm surprised you had a break in period. Mine was just about perfect except it feels too small after the ZT560. My 560 has a weaker detent and needs a little wrist to get it open, unless you hold it vertical and let gravity do the work.

I ran into a Hinderer at a gun show and despite being 4th Gen it had an awful detent, much worse than my 560. The Hinderer was a little plumper in the handles and that gave it a nice feel. Hope Hinderer makes a knife I like someday. I do like those fingerguards.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

shunsui wrote:Thanks. I'm surprised you had a break in period. Mine was just about perfect except it feels too small after the ZT560. My 560 has a weaker detent and needs a little wrist to get it open, unless you hold it vertical and let gravity do the work.

I ran into a Hinderer at a gun show and despite being 4th Gen it had an awful detent, much worse than my 560. The Hinderer was a little plumper in the handles and that gave it a nice feel. Hope Hinderer makes a knife I like someday. I do like those fingerguards.
Yeah man, she was soooo tight!
I knew of a few others that were the same way as well.
At any rate she is broken in now and one of my favorites.
Its one that much more likely than not I'll ever part with...
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I think that I can make you guys jealous. Both of mine 0561 and 0562 are flipping great since day one. I love my 0561, but it is little too big for EDC. 0562 just right size. I carry it for the third day and cut a little. Cutting is OK. I will need to reprofile the blade on the next weekend
Thank you again for help to make the right choice.