Spyderco Ouroboros

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
paulwa

Re: Spyderco Ouroboros

Post by paulwa »

I'm hoping it makes the cut for featured knives in the Amsterdam coverage, as well. Maybe we'll get the high quality images and official specs then...
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

- Paul
araneae

Post by araneae »

I was instantly interested in the is model. Looks to me like a Junior crossed with a Kiwi 4. Both great models, so that is meant as a complement. Should be a very nice design in use, appreciate all the information you provided. I'm hoping to get to Blade show this year so I'll look for it in the case.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I usually like to handle an unusual new knife before buying, but I really want to get one of these from the first shipment if possible, so I just bit the bullet and pre-ordered one.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Bumpidy bump! How are we doing on this release? Soonish?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Also very interested in how things are going and any estimate in release.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I keep telling myself that, since they've been offered for pre-order since month before last, that this is evidence that it won't be long.

I really want to try one of these.

I wonder which knife has the record for longest pre-order time before release. I think the green PM2 had a pretty long wait.

P.S. Congratulations on the March calendar pic, travvy
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Welcome Paul, I handled the knife at the Amsterdam meet and it was one of the finest knives in hand that passed that day. I consider it to be a small practical no-nonense pocketknife. Nothing shiny, useful and pocketfriendly. Would love to see it in a special steel, USA or Japan-made, I don't really care...
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Bump for any new info!
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Waiting (im) patiently for release... bookmarking this thread...
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

rodloos wrote:
paulwa wrote:Don't have pics of the production version, but here's a couple shots of the solid model that are fairly representative and will hopefully tide you over till the retailers get images:
image.tiff
image.tiff
I think the forum software has issues displaying images that are in TIFF format. Hope you don't mind if I repost your pictures here in PNG format:
It looks like a Kiwi mated with a Junior.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Hope to see this one in the mid-year catalog! :)
Going back to Caly.
paulwa

Post by paulwa »

Me too!!

Haven't had the chance to handle a production piece yet, and that would be another indication that its release isn't too far out.

Can't wait.
bpahk

Post by bpahk »

Really looking forward to this one. Also like your signature/logo design. Very elegant
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

I'm pumped for this
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Any further word or updates in the Ouroboros?

Anxiously awaiting this as one of my next purchases (hopefully!).
Going back to Caly.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

:p http://www.topqualityknives.com/spyderc ... dge-knife/ :p

It's finally dropped! :D

Maybe not the best time for me -- I may have to adjust my pre-orders of other knives a bit, so much is dropping now, but this one has been at the top of my want list for quite a while now :spyder: :D
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Mine just shipped! Anxiously awaiting to see how it feels!
Going back to Caly.
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

Can't wait to get mine this week. I'll throw up some first impressions ASAP.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

BHQ is now showing in stock, I do kinda want one but seems a tad high price, on the fence, I think I will hold off on this one for a while, too many other goodies in the pipeline.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

farnorthdan wrote:BHQ is now showing in stock, I do kinda want one but seems a tad high price, on the fence, I think I will hold off on this one for a while, too many other goodies in the pipeline.
I am very curious on the price here. Japanese made, VG-10, and G10/Metal construction for $170, while the Sage 5 is Taichung, S30V, and CF-ish materials. I doubt they'd weigh in, but I'd love to hear what about this knife makes it so pricy for the materials and build location.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!