Spyderco Ouroboros

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
curlyhairedboy

Re: Spyderco Ouroboros

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Carried it for a few days now, and happy to say this is definitely going to be a classic.

I'd eventually like to see it in a more wear-resistant steel, but the design on this is really, REALLY nice.

I actually like it a good bit more than the sliverax.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I’ve an Ouroboros on the way. It was a coin-flip between this and the P4, which may have to wait until 2019, now, unfortunately.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Well, my Ouroboros finally arrived today.

So far, I’m impressed. A lot of thought has clearly gone into it.

And the action is as smooth as anything! What is it with these internet reviews? First of all my Ti Chap lock doesn’t hurt my thumb at all, and now I find the Ouroboros isn’t running on washers made of broken glass .....
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

It's a neat design for sure. I look forward to Paul Alexander's designs and love my Sliverax.

I can't help but wonder if the Ouroboros had been made in Taichung rather than Seki it would have had better quality materials for the same or less money.