BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
swigert

Re: BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Post by swigert »

Chinook3 wrote:
NiallRiv wrote:Got mine last night and promptly took it apart and switched out the handle scales. Carried it today at work and was very pleased with the edge holding of the M4. Cut some wood and a lot of PVC reaming which can tend to chip a fine edge, but she held up like a champ so far. Thank you to Blade HQ for this awesome knife and to the Spyderco crew for putting it together!!

Beautiful knife OP
Those scales are killer.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

toxophilus wrote:Digging how the Jade scales blend in with Khaki clothes, at first I wasn't sure but me likey
Same here! Went very well today with my khaki Carhartts. I'm loving these pics too. It may not glow in the dark, but it sure glows in the light!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Donut

Post by Donut »

farnorthdan wrote:
Donut wrote:Well, hiccup on mine. My tracking said out for delivery this morning, I went by the PO at lunch time and it wasn't in my PO Box at that time. I figured I'd wait.

This afternoon, it says it was delivered and signed for by someone that I have no idea who it is. >.<

I plan to go down there during lunch tomorrow and pray for the best. It doesn't help that if the person that signs for it decides to keep it, I won't be able to replace it. =\

*edit* It says delivered to a person at the address, that makes me think there was a mix up on the tracking numbers.
I had the same message on my tracking and it ended up in my mailbox so yours is probably sitting there waiting for its new owner right now. :D
I think you ended up being right. I got a slip today! :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Donut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Donut wrote:Well, hiccup on mine. My tracking said out for delivery this morning, I went by the PO at lunch time and it wasn't in my PO Box at that time. I figured I'd wait.

This afternoon, it says it was delivered and signed for by someone that I have no idea who it is. >.<

I plan to go down there during lunch tomorrow and pray for the best. It doesn't help that if the person that signs for it decides to keep it, I won't be able to replace it. =\

*edit* It says delivered to a person at the address, that makes me think there was a mix up on the tracking numbers.
I had the same message on my tracking and it ended up in my mailbox so yours is probably sitting there waiting for its new owner right now. :D
I think you ended up being right. I got a slip today! :)
Great news Brian, what a relief I'm sure. It really is a nice exclusive.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Didn't really plan to patinate this one immediately, but this is a user and I needed to peel some peaches :D It's just a light patina and the way it looks depends a lot on angle of light. (Pics all taken at same time.) Excuse poorly exposed grab shots. I rinsed and wiped the blade immediately after use.

K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

i am travvy wrote:Image
2017 calendar shot :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Thanks doug!
swigert

Post by swigert »

DougC-3 wrote:Didn't really plan to patinate this one immediately, but this is a user and I needed to peel some peaches :D It's just a light patina and the way it looks depends a lot on angle of light. (Pics all taken at same time.) Excuse poorly exposed grab shots. I rinsed and wiped the blade immediately after use.

That third Pic is awesome. Beautiful patina
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

DougC-3 wrote:Didn't really plan to patinate this one immediately, but this is a user and I needed to peel some peaches :D It's just a light patina and the way it looks depends a lot on angle of light. (Pics all taken at same time.) Excuse poorly exposed grab shots. I rinsed and wiped the blade immediately after use.

I can't say I've ever peeled a peach....?

But yeah, I rarely get that much patina on my M4. Looks neat.
Going back to Caly.
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
awa54

Post by awa54 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Image

How do you like that axe? Mine needed a fair amount of reprofiling to have good edge geometry, though it was quick work on a belt sander... Also seems much softer than the steel at the edge of my Wetterlings small forest axe, though it takes a nice edge and has done a fair amount of chopping in hardwood without losing it. The handle is set to be bomb-proof too!

Nice pic too :D
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I just got it this summer and I really like it so far. My handle is a perfect piece of wood. Great grain orientation and no heart wood at all. It is also hung very well. Still rock solid after a bit of use. I did do a considerable amount of reprofiling on it. I spent a couple of hours around a campfire with some sandpaper and sorted it out. The steel seems good to me. It is my understanding that this is just a Hultafors axe rebranded for Husqvarna. It holds it's edge well and is easy enough to sharpen in the field. I got it as a pack axe and for that it is the perfect size which for me is as big as I can fit on my pack. Mine measures 26" and fits on my pack very well and in general this is my favorite woods size, both the length and the weight. I do a bit of wilderness survival stuff and am really looking forward to using this in the winter. In the summer I usually just carry a very large knife. I will really put this thing through it's paces when the snow starts falling.

Anyway, it is rediculously nice for the price if you don't mind cleaning up the edge. :D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I just got it this summer and I really like it so far. My handle is a perfect piece of wood. Great grain orientation and no heart wood at all. It is also hung very well. Still rock solid after a bit of use. I did do a considerable amount of reprofiling on it. I spent a couple of hours around a campfire with some sandpaper and sorted it out. The steel seems good to me. It is my understanding that this is just a Hultafors axe rebranded for Husqvarna. It holds it's edge well and is easy enough to sharpen in the field. I got it as a pack axe and for that it is the perfect size which for me is as big as I can fit on my pack. Mine measures 26" and fits on my pack very well and in general this is my favorite woods size, both the length and the weight. I do a bit of wilderness survival stuff and am really looking forward to using this in the winter. In the summer I usually just carry a very large knife. I will really put this thing through it's paces when the snow starts falling.

Anyway, it is rediculously nice for the price if you don't mind cleaning up the edge. :D

I don't know if that part is true, but seems odd how recently Husqvarna has become quite good at rebranding other products and still selling them well!
Going back to Caly.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

swigert wrote:

That third Pic is awesome. Beautiful patina
SpeedHoles wrote:
I can't say I've ever peeled a peach....?

But yeah, I rarely get that much patina on my M4. Looks neat.
Thanks guys! I guess peaches are a southern thing ;) ... or maybe you mean you just eat them peeling and all? I do that sometimes, but my wife insists on having them peeled :)

I was surprised about the patina. I did wash off the lube that came on it before use, but it was exposed to peach juice less than 10 minutes before I gently cleaned the blade. I would probably prefer an evenly gray or blackish patina, for protection, but I hated to experiment with that and it's more easy and spontaneous to just use it and see what happens.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

m4r1.jpg
I think I'm in love.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Ken44

Post by Ken44 »

This G10 looks flat out awesome. I was hesitant about it, and only ordered one. The Natural/Jade looks even better in person, and the satin hardware really stands out on this G10.
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Cut up some apples. Here's the patina so far.

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I haven't used mine yet but these sure seem like they are reacting a lot faster than other M4 pieces I have...interesting.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

So you guys are just cutting up a piece of fruit and your blades look like that ALREADY? Well ****...I feel like I need to douse mine in some oil right this very moment lol.[