New Kizer Ki5404A2

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

New Kizer Ki5404A2

Post by MacLaren »

She arrived this morning from BHQ. Initial impressions are favorable. First, Ill start with the specs.
Overall Length 9.5"
Blade Length 4.25'
Blade Thickness 0.15
Blade Steel CPM-S35VN
Handle Length 5.0"
Handle Material G10
Frame Titanium 6AL4V
Weight 7.66 Ounces
Well, this is one big mamma. And, imo, a very nice one. As you will see in the pics, lockup is early and the centering favors the presentation side slightly. Lockup is bank vault tight. No up/down No side to side movement. The blade is full flat ground with a nice Satin finish- at least the presentation side has a nice Satin finish. The other side, has some blemishes, that I just couldn't capture on camera. The action/flipping action is very nice. I cant complain. Balance is very good. Sharpness is not hardly Spyderco sharp but, sharp nonetheless. Overall, I am very,very pleased with this knife. This model usually sells for $155-$200 depending where you can get one. However, BHQ has an awesome sale going on with the Kizers, and I was able to pull this one for $104.95 - Im thinking very seriously about getting another model if not a couple more. Well, fellas that's all I can think about as far as initial impressions go. Ill try and keep y'all updated on how she does on further down the road. And, without any further ado, lets get on to the pics.
MacLaren

Re: New Kizer Ki5404A2

Post by MacLaren »

5404A2
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

5404A2
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Never heard of KIZER.. Looks like a real STOUT knife there!! :cool: John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

jmh58 wrote:Never heard of KIZER.. Looks like a real STOUT knife there!! :cool: John :)
I'm sorry John, Kizer hails from China. That's why their knives are so affordable. I'm pretty sure that its been confirmed that Kizer does in fact order their s35vn from Crucible. I must say, for the money its pretty incredible.
But, still yet and money aside, I've said it before, and I'll probably - certainly say it again; It still makes me appreciate the **** out of Spyderco! And I mean that.
GCG199

Post by GCG199 »

I have the slightly smaller model of this with a VG-10 blade, but same overall shape and handle design.

I waited until they were offering tip-up carry clips, since they started out with mostly tip-down.

I find their quality to be very good. They have the potential to be a major player in the knife world if they keep this up.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

GCG199 wrote:I have the slightly smaller model of this with a VG-10 blade, but same overall shape and handle design.

I waited until they were offering tip-up carry clips, since they started out with mostly tip-down.

I find their quality to be very good. They have the potential to be a major player in the knife world if they keep this up.
I agree.