What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Bolster wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:26 pm
kennethsime wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:01 am

The TAC-P® is our vision of a last-ditch effort self-defense tool. The Kubotan-style design profile is made with ultra-reliable 410 stainless steel featuring a frag patterned handle. The TAC-P® is equipped with our proprietary glass breaker, a KYDEX sheath, and an Ulti Clip—the most versatile holster clip on the market. Diversify your arsenal with the TAC-P®.

That's interesting. Here in Calif, I think that would be considered a fixed blade "dagger" and thus illegal to carry "concealed," including in a backpack (if I understand Calif law correctly -- I may not).

JSumm wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:49 am
I was thinking that was a very nice tree tap for syrup. And that I really want some French Toast with Maple Syrup. Preferrably the maple syrup they sell in Costco, that has aged in smoked bourbon barrels.

JSumm: I think maple syrup is also illegal here in California, or if it's not, it's at least known to the State of California to be deadly. So don't eat your French Toast in California, it'll kill ya. We can offer you some tofu over a bed of organic bean sprouts as a substitute.
😂😂😂
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

aicolainen wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:07 am
Not really in my pocket, but I have a Vic OG Executive in my office desk drawer that is kept there purely for grooming emergencies.
Today it was called into action for some minor surgery when my hand was starting to hurt and I noticed a splinter in my palm that's probably been sitting there since prepping fire wood this weekend

I love the executive and it’s such a shame it’s discontinued. I wish I had bought multiples years ago. I all but quit carrying mine because it’s irreplaceable if lost…

I wish they still made this knife and others in this size range cuz Its perfect!
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:12 pm
Shirogorov F3 Blue Micarta w/Orange G10
(Carolina Blue! Go Heels! 😎

Old pic of all the “standards” I used to have… i had a f3 years ago and sold it, then a buddy of mine bought it from that guy… unknowingly. he knows I get first dibs on it if he ever wants to part with it.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Gift from my dad when I was like 5/6?…for those that don’t know the Varsity is a downtown Atlanta institution and at one time the world’s largest drive-in restaurant taking up two city blocks sitting on five acres…many a President and celebrity have visited at one time or another…it was established in 1928 by the Gordy family who just happened to live in our neighborhood when I was a kid growing up which we all thought was pretty cool…famous for their chili dogs, onion rings and frosted orange drinks but I don’t think they were a powerhouse in the knife business with their Super Razor Blade Stainless 😉🌭🌭🌭
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

prndltech wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:41 pm
MacLaren wrote:

Old pic of all the “standards” I used to have… i had a f3 years ago and sold it, then a buddy of mine bought it from that guy… unknowingly. he knows I get first dibs on it if he ever wants to part with it.
That’s a whole lot of cash sitting there Shannon🤩🤩🤩
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:02 pm
And I no long own any of them. I bought multiples of each over the years annd kept thinking “they HAVE to be the best!” only to learn that’s not my style.

I’ve owned em all (way more than what’s in that pic), carried em, used em , sharpened em and I’d rather carry a dragonfly or something like pm2 honestly. Or a civivi qubit 🤣
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

prndltech wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:41 pm
MacLaren wrote:

Oh yeah 😎
Love it. I think that's the G10 version?
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

prndltech wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:11 pm
And I no long own any of them. I bought multiples of each over the years annd kept thinking “they HAVE to be the best!” only to learn that’s not my style.

I’ve owned em all (way more than what’s in that pic), carried em, used em , sharpened em and I’d rather carry a dragonfly or something like pm2 honestly. Or a civivi qubit 🤣
🤣 I hear ya…think I’m going through that phase right now with the latest greatest thing…still most days it’s a Spyderco in my pocket 👊
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:58 pm
Gift from my dad when I was like 5/6?…for those that don’t know the Varsity is a downtown Atlanta institution and at one time the world’s largest drive-in restaurant taking up two city blocks sitting on five acres…many a President and celebrity have visited at one time or another…it was established in 1928 by the Gordy family who just happened to live in our neighborhood when I was a kid growing up which we all thought was pretty cool…famous for their chili dogs, onion rings and frosted orange drinks but I don’t think they were a powerhouse in the knife business with their Super Razor Blade Stainless 😉🌭🌭🌭
Man, this brings back memories...I lived in Atlanta for a couple years for grad school and walked past the Varsity quite often between campus and my apartment.

You hit the nail on the head; the burgers were ok but the onion rings and frosted orange is what I'd usually stop in for.

Very cool knife; thanks for sharing!
MNOSD #0051
"An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age."
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:35 pm
prndltech wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:11 pm

🤣 I hear ya…think I’m going through that phase right now with the latest greatest thing…still most days it’s a Spyderco in my pocket 👊
Yup. But my thought is; you don’t know unless you find out for yourself. So I did, cuz I could. They’re all great knives don’t get me wrong, but they weren’t the best for my needs and preferences day in and day out.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Gift from my dad when I was like 5/6?…

O man, that is SO COOL that you have your dad-gifted childhood knife!!

I still have my first dad-gifted knife too, I'll have to dig it out and photograph it. Mine has (had) ebony handles, and half a century ago, the family dog wanted a chew, so the scales are now splintered and dog-tooth-damaged. But it is still a prized possession!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

prndltech wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:34 pm
aicolainen wrote:
Not really in my pocket, but I have a Vic OG Executive in my office desk drawer that is kept there purely for grooming emergencies.
Today it was called into action for some minor surgery when my hand was starting to hurt and I noticed a splinter in my palm that's probably been sitting there since prepping fire wood this weekend

I love the executive and it’s such a shame it’s discontinued. I wish I had bought multiples years ago. I all but quit carrying mine because it’s irreplaceable if lost…

I wish they still made this knife and others in this size range cuz Its perfect!
You can still find them here and there in European stores, if you look around. I bought mine just over a year ago from a Norwegian store that specializes in gear for competitive shotgun shooting, so yeah.. you don’t always find them at the most obvious sources.
If I remember correctly, the picture on the web page was of the red version, but I was not disappointed to receive black one. It’s a fitting color for this model.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Bolster wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:13 am
Gift from my dad when I was like 5/6?…

O man, that is SO COOL that you have your dad-gifted childhood knife!!

I still have my first dad-gifted knife too, I'll have to dig it out and photograph it. Mine has (had) ebony handles, and half a century ago, the family dog wanted a chew, so the scales are now splintered and dog-tooth-damaged. But it is still a prized possession!
Yup still a special knife, get to digging 👊
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, I love these Micarta Scales!!
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Old school cold steel
Also realized it's throwback Thursday.
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

IMG_20240229_175241_022.jpg
Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

Backpacker Pro in magnacut. 62-64 HRC. The G10 feels better to me than the micarta
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

aicolainen wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:58 am
prndltech wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:34 pm
aicolainen wrote:

You can still find them here and there in European stores, if you look around. I bought mine just over a year ago from a Norwegian store that specializes in gear for competitive shotgun shooting, so yeah.. you don’t always find them at the most obvious sources.
If I remember correctly, the picture on the web page was of the red version, but I was not disappointed to receive black one. It’s a fitting color for this model.
Nice! I recently bought the last two I could find in Aus. New old stock from a small knife shop in Tasmania! Planning to scale-swap one to black scales, which I found from an Ebay seller in the Ukraine, of all places...
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.