Super Blue Battle: Dragonfly vs. Manbug

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tabo

Super Blue Battle: Dragonfly vs. Manbug

Post by Tabo »

Today I had a chance to buy either the super blue dragonfly or the manbug. I chose the dragonfly since I already have one in SE H1 and really love the design. But I have never had a manbug in my collection. I thought it would be a good time to add one but the size seems really small. I have never seen one in person so I cant tell if I could get use to the size/ functionality.

Would it be worth it down the line (when knife buying funds become available again, at least six months) to buy a manbug or do all of you feel that the dragonfly and the manbug are very similar in cutting performance/ looks and I should just save for something else?

I'm kinda still wondering if I made the right choice today...

Thanks in advance for all of your replies!!
JerryIsAlive

Post by JerryIsAlive »

One big reason why I love the manbug - fits in my watch pocket. I love the dragonfly and prob my favorite knife of all time. But it's too big for me for the office. The manbug is perfect size to slip into watch pocket without thought. Still plenty of blade for many edc tasks. I have the g10 flavor and love it. Will prob put the SB blade into the g10
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

They have similar edge lengths, the main difference is in the amount of grip you get with the Dfly over the Manbug, and of course that you get a clip with the Dfly. For me the Man/Ladybug are best suited for keychain knives or clipped via S-biner to a backpack zipper, etc. I have big hands and I still don't have a problem getting a strong grip on the Manbug or Ladybug, but for EDC I'd prefer the Dfly because of the clip. Of the two the Manbug is going to slice a little better because of the grind and thinner blade.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MCM

Post by MCM »

Good move as the SB Dfly's are about dried up. Where the SB Manbug was just released.
If you want both, buy both now. As they might not be around all that long.
Both will be long gone in 6 months. The larger D-fly would top my list of the two as its
larger and might get more use. Unless you add the Manbug to your key ring.
Just my 2.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

I like both but I think the dragonfly has more following and will sale faster than the manbug. But the Manbug its a sweet knife for the size and beefy blade.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
TSchloz

Post by TSchloz »

The Dragonfly is a much more useable size for me. It's a small knife with a nearly full size grip.

I did pick up a Manbug for the collection.

Tom