$150 on Amazon

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Clearly you are lacking a caly 3.5 in your life.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

Do you have a sharpmaker? If not, I'd go with that and still have about $100 left over. Perfect for a Caly 3.5. (Disregard this if you have a sharpmaker/other sharpener)

Caly 3/3.5 in CF and ZDP, Sage 2, 3, or 4, Chap 1. Techno and Military are just a few bucks over $150.
Water babies singing in a lily-pool delight
Blue powder monkies praying in the dead of night
Here comes the black queen, poking in the pile
Fie-fo the black queen, marching single file
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

swigert wrote:I do have a sharpmaker. I was leaning towards caly 3.5 in zdp???
I don't have any experience with the CF version, but trust me, you'll love the Caly 3.5. It's an ergonomic dream. That, coupled with ZDP...

Only worries I'd have is the 420J2 laminate scratching, if that type of thing bothers you. But I'd say go for it!
WorkingEdge

Post by WorkingEdge »

Techno. Especially since Bowie in the works.
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

I believe investing in the diamond rods if you haven't already will help you with ZDP if you need to really resharpen it. I don't have any personal experience, so I'll let others chime in.
Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

You might benefit from something small and non threatening like a Gayle Bradley Air, even though you have the large Bradley folder. If you buy one post a review so I can live vicariously.
btron

Post by btron »

Pingo, the coolest knife you'll ever own. Might as well buy 3 of them :p
btron

Post by btron »

Dude, I'm telling you. It's super cool. Like James Bond, Frank Sinatra, John Travolta and Sam Jackson cool. It's cooler than that movie Be Cool, bro.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Millie or Caly 3.5. ZDP isn't that much of a ***** to sharpen ;)
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I don't fully understand the Spyderco knives on Amazon. For that reason I would personally buy home supplies and buy knives from dealers I've used before. It's $150 either way.
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

manix2, anything on super blue or the Caly, don't forget a manbug
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

I know you already have a sage 1, but you should get a sage 2 anyway.
Andre

Post by Andre »

A zulu because now you can still get one... And it's a uber cool knife :D
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

If you're married I'd buy an air mattress, which seems like a puzzling suggestion until you realize you now have an UNLIMITED KNIFE BUDGET!!!
All-R-Crazy

Post by All-R-Crazy »

I'd say a military or caly 3.5 in g10/ zdp188laminate both are good
:spyder: delica ffg,endura ffg,pm2 black/black,delica sb,caly3.5 g10,caly3 sb,S90V military:spyder:
JAfromMN wrote:My favorite Spyderco is the one that I used the most Today
SaintlyBrees

Post by SaintlyBrees »

Take a look at the Chaparral 1. Very nice Gents knife in CF. Fits snugly in the watch pocket, yet has a very nice tactile feel and quite functional. CTS-XHP. Falls neatly into your price range. :)

Best of luck on your decision.
My Spydies:
6 Manix 2 [blk/blk S30V, blk/blk XL, blue Sprint, blue LW, S110V LW, S90V CF XL]; 2 Delicas [VG10, Super Blue]; 4 Dragonflies [Tatoo, VG10, ZDP-189/Nishijin, Super Blue]; 4 Natives [S30V, Brn CTS-XHP, G10 S35N, Forum S110V]; 2 Chaparrals [Stepped Ti, CF]; 3 PM2s [blk/blk, blk/red Putnam, GRN CTS-204P sprint]; 1 CF bolt-action Sage; 1 Air; 1 Super Blue Manbug; 1 blk H1/blk frn Pacific Salt; 2 Stretch [Super Blue, ZDP-189]; 2 Enduras [VG10, blue jigged bone Damascus]
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

SaintlyBrees wrote:Take a look at the Chaparral 1. Very nice Gents knife in CF. Fits snugly in the watch pocket, yet has a very nice tactile feel and quite functional. CTS-XHP. Falls neatly into your price range. :)

Best of luck on your decision.
The chaparral is indeed a very nice smaller knife. I looked at the ti model last time I was at knifeworks and was impressed with the quality and ergos.

...and good to see you finally made your way over on this forum s.b. :) Welcome.
SaintlyBrees

Post by SaintlyBrees »

Surfingringo wrote:The chaparral is indeed a very nice smaller knife. I looked at the ti model last time I was at knifeworks and was impressed with the quality and ergos.

...and good to see you finally made your way over on this forum s.b. :) Welcome.
Thanks, man. :)

I've been reading for awhile, but just joined recently.
My Spydies:
6 Manix 2 [blk/blk S30V, blk/blk XL, blue Sprint, blue LW, S110V LW, S90V CF XL]; 2 Delicas [VG10, Super Blue]; 4 Dragonflies [Tatoo, VG10, ZDP-189/Nishijin, Super Blue]; 4 Natives [S30V, Brn CTS-XHP, G10 S35N, Forum S110V]; 2 Chaparrals [Stepped Ti, CF]; 3 PM2s [blk/blk, blk/red Putnam, GRN CTS-204P sprint]; 1 CF bolt-action Sage; 1 Air; 1 Super Blue Manbug; 1 blk H1/blk frn Pacific Salt; 2 Stretch [Super Blue, ZDP-189]; 2 Enduras [VG10, blue jigged bone Damascus]
ji_long

Post by ji_long »

I second the Gayle Bradley Air. it's my most recent acquisition and it's great. You get a lot of blade in a small package. The Hungarian is awesome as well.