Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mat_ski

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by Mat_ski »

I have ukpk in spy27 on the way after theoretically overcoming my bias against non-locking knives. We’ll see how it works out in practice.
Joelc73

Post by Joelc73 »

I have a Delica 4 SG coming tomorrow and a Sharpmaker.
thuyenbuom

Post by thuyenbuom »

MICROJIMBO, BLACK G-10 PLAINEDGE enroute :smlling-eyes
Necromonger: What do you think of this blade?
Riddick: I think it is a half gram heavy on the back end.

The Chronicles of Riddick - Blade Scene
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

Mat_ski wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:57 am
I have ukpk in spy27 on the way after theoretically overcoming my bias against non-locking knives. We’ll see how it works out in practice.
The UKPK spring is so nice, it really doesn't lack any inspiring confidence that a lock could add, IMO. All around, it's up there as one of the best knives that Spyderco manufactures, and one that has a permanent place in my carry.

I hope you find much joy and use with the model!
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
JBoone

Post by JBoone »

Ordered another K390 Delica last night after gifting my old one to a good friend and Neighbor. Kept meaning to replace it at some point. This rounds out my current K390 collection of Endura, Endealla, and most recently Stretch straight spine.
Really enjoy the steel (although it was the reason that I bought a wicked edge a couple of years ago, could not get sharp on the harbor freight belts that I was using for most knives at the time).
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

BO Hap40 Endura (finally!) been wanting this for some time and finally pulled the trigger.
K390 Delica4 since it's all the rage right now and will be my 1st Delica.

Both are replacements for gifted V-Toku2 Endura and K390 Endela that went to my 2 Army brats :)
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:54 am
BO Hap40 Endura (finally!) been wanting this for some time and finally pulled the trigger.

Both are replacements for gifted V-Toku2 Endura and K390 Endela that went to my 2 Army brats :)
Nice! On the Delica, check out BlackLabProjects on Etsy. Quick turn around and the cheapest I have seen on scales at $65. I can attest the Micarta and the quality is spot on. Also, @cjk some time back recommended that I try out Flytanium's backspacers. It does add a nice heft and stronger feel to the lockup. Could just be the sound. :smlling-eyes
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:43 am
legOFwhat? wrote:

Nice! On the Delica, check out BlackLabProjects on Etsy. Quick turn around and the cheapest I have seen on scales at $65. I can attest the Micarta and the quality is spot on. Also, @cjk some time back recommended that I try out Flytanium's backspacers. It does add a nice heft and stronger feel to the lockup. Could just be the sound. :smlling-eyes
Enabler :beaming-face Thank you Jeff I'll definitely check them out, since I don't have many unmodified folders ;)
Quick question; other than the scales and backspacer is there anything else need be purchased to make that swap?
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am
JSumm wrote:
legOFwhat? wrote:

Enabler :beaming-face Thank you Jeff I'll definitely check them out, since I don't have many unmodified folders ;)
Quick question; other than the scales and backspacer is there anything else need be purchased to make that swap?
Nope. Super simple! May want to look for a different clip depending on what look you are going for. I had the painted clip for awhile, but ended up switching it to an old PM2 polished clip to match the hardware. Since I configured it for tip up only and no lanyard hole, I did not need a clip with the center pivot/lanyard hole in it.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:28 am
legOFwhat? wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:14 am
JSumm wrote:
legOFwhat? wrote:

Nope. Super simple! May want to look for a different clip depending on what look you are going for. I had the painted clip for awhile, but ended up switching it to an old PM2 polished clip to match the hardware. Since I configured it for tip up only and no lanyard hole, I did not need a clip with the center pivot/lanyard hole in it.
Excellent, thank you Jeff!
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Joelc73

Post by Joelc73 »

I have a PM2 on the way. I’m super excited!
SpyderJunky

Post by SpyderJunky »

Twofer shipped in the other day...

Dragonfly 2 Salt SE (I've gifted two others away and wanted one for myself, although this could wind up in a mate's hands on my upcoming Bahamas trip).
And an Esee-3 in S35VN for a skinner to match my Esee-4 in S35VN camp knife...
20240327_170854.jpg
And then a second Catcherman...
20240328_170543_copy_4000x2252.jpg
"I have too many Spyderco knives"-said no man ever.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Manix 2 LW in M4 on the way (will take a long time)

and.... I just negociated a NIB Framelock Military in Fluted Titanium (blue anodisation) !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
olditguy

Post by olditguy »

Delica 4 Zome Green VG10, Endela Plain Edge VG10 Black, Endura 4 Lightweight Flat Ground VG10 Black. The VG10 thread pushed me to get some extra's before the OpFocus discount goes up, or down, depending on how you view it.
barnaclesonaboat

Post by barnaclesonaboat »

Endura K390 Wharncliffe. Stoked!
SpyderJunky

Post by SpyderJunky »

Two more in the pipeline!
Para3 Lightweight Salt and a second PM2 Magnacut Salt!
Headed to the F L A for week+ tomorrow.
That'll giv me something to look forward to on the way home.
Screenshot_20240418_145515_Messages.jpg
"I have too many Spyderco knives"-said no man ever.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:18 pm
Image MG2
👏👏👏
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:18 pm
Image MG2
Congrats, it's the one I put back in the priority list the most often, seems like such an overall killer of a knife !

My negociations came through, tomorrow I'll buy the military framelock in person :respect :usflag :bug-red :bug-white-red :respect
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
XjJunky

Post by XjJunky »

New Shaman showing up tomorrow.
:usflag Living Till The Death Of Me :bug-red-white