Five Mule Team 18's on eBay for $900?!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
knivefanatic

Five Mule Team 18's on eBay for $900?!

Post by knivefanatic »

check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Mule-T ... 4ad0a7d612

I cannot believe this guy. This literally makes me sick, as I didn't even get to buy a single mule team yet this guy has five listed as a buy it now for $900. Not to mention he has one on an auction so in total he has 6. I wanted to get an S110V mule so badly but now it looks like I'm going to have to pay big time for missing out :mad:
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

Yep. I've been hunting a Mule team too. I finally gave up and put the money on a Junior instead, but I feel your pain friend-o. This is like those people who hoard the ammo when it is in high demand then sell it for four times its actual price.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I like to hoard things and keep them personally. Especially ammo. I just hate not being able to shoot when i want to because everyone is out. It's pretty sad that people will price gouge this much. Just the way things are. People see ways to profit and take advantage of it. I guess it makes up for those times people sell "weird looking knife for $20" and it's a pretty rare knife.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

That's not supposed to happen now is it? If there's a will there's a way, limits won't stop everyone but ****, six? Who knows he probably got more.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

FCM415 wrote:That's not supposed to happen now is it? If there's a will there's a way, limits won't stop everyone but ****, six? Who knows he probably got more.
I know someone who got 9 of the K390 Mules...
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

Yeah! This is messed up! I always buy just one. I got on the Mule Wagon late and had to pay premium prices for the ones I missed. If this kind of thing irks you, remember how you feel right now as bang out your frustrations on the key board and never do that to someone else. Take the high road!
brybell

Post by brybell »

knivefanatic wrote:check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Mule-T ... 4ad0a7d612

I cannot believe this guy. This literally makes me sick, as I didn't even get to buy a single mule team yet this guy has five listed as a buy it now for $900. Not to mention he has one on an auction so in total he has 6. I wanted to get an S110V mule so badly but now it looks like I'm going to have to pay big time for missing out :mad:
I saw this too as I am also looking for a mule. I have the Native 5 forum knife so id love to also have a fixed blade with s110v. I cant believe there are others for $199+.
Revival

Post by Revival »

Strong-Dog wrote:I know someone who got 9 of the K390 Mules...
I bet you do. That's ridiculous.
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Revival wrote:I bet you do. That's ridiculous.
Seriously. That's bull****.
dbcad wrote:Change is the only constant...

...Quite enjoyable and satifsying to have the number of knives decrease but the sharpness of the edges increase. The eternal quest for least resistance;)

Enjoy your edges folks:)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

"Oh but I don't see anything wrong with someone buying two and selling the other to offset the cost of the first blah blah blah". Where are the flipper supporters on this one?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Strong-Dog wrote:I know someone who got 9 of the K390 Mules...
Nine... NINE.

What's their favorite word to use? Capitalism. There's plenty of that and more. I understand the arguments but surely you guys understand the BS.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

And I bet all NINE of them see carry, use and love.....what a waste that is
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

How much did those nine have to pay for it because their slots were taken? Limit of two? No one said it was a waste, but nine end users wasted more money when they were sold at $70 with a set limit to be fair. Oh yea.... Capitalism. Again, I can understand the arguments but you should understand the BS also. Nine is obscene. SFO worked on weeding out double orders for a reason, to avoid this...for a reason. Companies and dealers set limits for a reason. What a waste of unnecessary extra money for NINE...From one "Capitalist".

Edit: misunderstood his post, but my point as a whole still stands.
-Leonard Nimoy
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Delete
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Removed, thanks SpyderHS08
-Leonard Nimoy
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Much Appreciated
39 & counting...

Dodo!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I offered him $18.47 for the lot. The "Make an offer" button can be a lot of fun. ;)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Tally-ho

Post by Tally-ho »

jabba359 wrote:I offered him $18.47 for the lot. The "Make an offer" button can be a lot of fun. ;)
You loose, I offered 18.48$ right now. Image
| C10PGRE + C10FPK390 Endura 4 | C28GPFG Dragonfly | C36TIP Military | C41GP5 Native 5 | C54GPBN Calypso | C65CFP Lum Chinese | C81GPDBL2 PM2 | C90GFPD Strectch | C94TIP UK Penknife | C101PGY2 + C101PBORE2 Manix 2 | C113GPGY Caly 3 | C123TIP Sage 2 | C126GPFG Rock Lobster | C135GP Perrin PPT | C144CFPE Caly 3.5 | C163PBK Pingo | C164GPBN Nilakka || MT16P MT17P MT18P Mule Team |
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Piling on, $69.69 offer from me.
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

Maybe it's time for the purchase limit to be one. I missed both of the last two mules when they sold out far more quickly than I've learned to expect. Reducing the limit would make them more available to everyone and make it harder for scalpers to flip them. I know that I'll piss people off here who buy one for the safe and one to use, but they're also responsible for the shortage - maybe even more responsible than the scalpers that they rail against. Mules are meant to be used. If you've got one in a safe, then you have no call to complain about scalpers.

Gordon