Time for a Giveaway!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
hogger

Post by hogger »

First was the Tenacious.
Latest was the Para 2
I was surprised how much I like a big hole in the blade.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

My first was an endura 3 combo edge. It was a terrible bite because since then I haven't been able to stop....and that right there was my biggest suprise lol how **** addictive these knives are it's just nuts!! And my latest spyderco is the Tuff, and boy do I love it!

Thanks for the chance!
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
kingm

Post by kingm »

First was an Endura in G10.
Latest was a Leaf Storm.
Surprised by the number I have amassed so far.
DrChimRichalds

Post by DrChimRichalds »

First Spyderco: EDCF Moonglow Manix 2
Latest Spyderco: Southard Flipper

Surprises? How quickly one can feel the effects of being "Spyder-bitten." I was also surprised with the immense following and appreciation of these knives and this company. I was also surprised with the variety. There really is something for everyone.

Thanks for the chance with this generous giveaway!
kawr

Post by kawr »

First Spyderco: Endura
Latest Spyderco: Southard flipper

I was surprised by how sharp Spydercos came from factory.

Thanks so much for the generous giveaway!
setldown

Post by setldown »

First Spyderco: Tenacious
Latest Spyderco: Mule Team 16

I was surprised by what I have learned about different steels and sharpening.
Focus is just distraction from distraction, so I take my moderation in moderation.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Thank you for your kindness!

My first: Spyderco Resilience
My last: the backup, Spyderco Resilience
(Very difficult to get down here, each costs about 60$ incl. shipping.)

What surprised me: it's very well made, compared to my other Chinese knives. It feels like using a Macbook Pro compared to a Vaio. It's elegant, overall quality is subtle, yet obviously better.

Next surprise: a video test showing a Tenacious outcut Enlan EL02 by a wide margin, even though both are the same steel, and from previous comparison, Enlan heat treat is better than the other Chinese brands!
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

My first was an SE Endura. My latest was found in a small shop outside Custer, SD. A sprint Blue G10 Manix 2 for an unbelievable price. I actually didn't know what it was and walked away from the deal--only to call the lady back 2 days later and ask her to mail it to me.

Surprise: How the things I take for granted in a quality knife are true eye openers for others. My younger brother was deployed to Afghanistan this last year with the Air Force. I found a Brown PM2 and sent it in a care package. He was extremely taken by this knife and it's features. His comments reminded me how good we have it.
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

First Spyderco Endura, Last spyderco Szabo
Most amazing was the spydercard, so much cutting power in such a small package.
It's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

Very generous giveaway gbelleh :) Congrats on your anniversary :) I don't want to be included in the drawing, but I would like to play :)

My First Spyderco was this:

[ATTACH]21360[/ATTACH]

My last is this:

[ATTACH]21361[/ATTACH]

I wasn't too surpised at the positive tone of the forum, I lurked a few months before joining. What does surprise me are the ever increasing doversity of Spyderco offerings :D

The largest surprise is that I can get all of these smaller knives very, very sharp :D To the point that a hardened bunch of outdoorsmen at work who I've sharpened knives for the most part are a bit flabbergasted when I return their knives after a weekend whether they're sharpened for a fine slicing angle or a tougher work angle ;) Very surprised and happy for learning this skill to the imperfect level I have :) That's why I'm not surprised at the helpful and friendly tone of this forum, all I had to do was listen, learn, and practice :)

Congrats in advance to the winner :) The Sretch is a very sweet tough slicer.
Attachments
cricket.jpg
lum1.jpg
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
donkeykong

Post by donkeykong »

First Spydie was a Sage 1 from the secondary market which got me hooked. Latest one was a Zulu. Never knew that the slippery slope that people mention about knives was indeed very slippery.
grandepatron

Post by grandepatron »

First spyderco is a caly3.5, latest one is a para military 2 on order brown g10. The biggest surprise to me is how much I like the spydie hole.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

That is a very nice gesture. No entry for me but kudos to you :) .
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
computernut

Post by computernut »

First: Spyderco Native FRN (thought Spyderco Knives were weird looking until I held one)
Last: Spyderco Manix2 Lightweight (didn't think I'd like it but I had some gift cards to use and I don't regret the purchase at all)

Surprises: Amazed I only bought 17 of them so far!
Orion's Belt

Post by Orion's Belt »

I'm totally in! My first Spyderco was a Persistence. My latest was the XHP Para 2. I was surprised to find out how addicting Spydercos are; they must put something on them before they leave the factory!
-Ryan
Tjt564

Post by Tjt564 »

1st Spyderco = Tenacious
Latest = Delica 4 ffg
I always hated the design of spydercos for the longest time and now I am a huge fan of them an find them to be of the best quality.
Truckie453

Post by Truckie453 »

My first spyderco was an endura, I lost it on a mountain bike trail years ago. My latest is a yojimbo 2, I think it is beautifully designed knife and I am amazed at how it fits my hand like a custom piece. I am constantly surprised at how often I take out my delica 4 which is my work edc.

Thanks for the contest.
-Vinny

The things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are good; honor, courage, virtue mean everything; power and money mean nothing; good always triumphs over evil; true love never dies. A man should believe in those things, because they are worth believing in.

:spyder: endura (lost)
:spyder: dragonfly
:spyder: Gayle Bradley
:spyder: Para 2
:spyder: Purple Delica 4 (lost)
:spyder: Yojimbo 2
:spyder: Orange Delica 4
PatCatMan

Post by PatCatMan »

My 1st Spydie was a Caly 3
My latest one was an AIR GB
My biggest surprise was how accepting and open I've become to the Taiwan made knives - after the first one I have had NO problem with the Taiwan knives - I can say I even prefer the F&F of the Taichung models over the others.
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"
jnsn

Post by jnsn »

IN! thanks!!

my 1st was a sage 1

last was a stainless endura 4 (just got it today)

in between i discovered the morals and values spyderco has. the fact the owner chimes in to welcome just about every new member, thats awesome! and i enjoy supporting people like that. i also discovered the delica 4 is probably the perfect all around pocket knife, now i just need to get another one asap.
[CENTER]HAVE: sage 1, chokwe, gayle bradley, UKPK, wooden dragonfly, grasshopper, bug, bug set, kiwi.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
Jmotley

Post by Jmotley »

My first was a second hand FRN pro-grip CE.
Latest is a Delica 1 PE.

I know, I should probably get a model that was made in the last ten years. I did have an Endura 4 for a short time. Lost it on the job unfortunately. Planning on a PM2 when I can afford it. But would love an FRN stretch.

I am most surprised by the sense of community surrounding spyderco.

Thanks for the give away!