Chinese ripoff?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
BigBill5953

Chinese ripoff?

Post by BigBill5953 »

Just found this on the 'bay. I haven't been into Spydies for long but doesn't look any where near a Spyderco to me.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 3998510236
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
spyderedge

Post by spyderedge »

I doubt its a :spyder:
My :spyder: Endura 4 FFG Plain, Black in VG-10 had been my faithful EDC companion since 9/26/2012
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Well, it's "not exactly" a Spyderco, but it's not a fake either. It's a Solo, which was another brand of knife designed by Sal, built in Japan, and marketed by Spyderco. There were two sizes as well as FRN and bolstered micarta versions. That one appears to be the larger micarta version and, FWIW, had an MSRP of $120 back in '97.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!