Where Do You Carry ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wolverine666

Where Do You Carry ?

Post by Wolverine666 »

Where exactly (on you) do you carry your Spyderco ? Pants pocket (Front pocket ? Back pocket ? Cargo pocket ?). Coat pocket (Outside pocket ? Inside pocket ? ). Shirt pocket ever ? Do you always use the clip ? Do you ever remove the clip ? Ever use a belt-mounted sheath ?

This all may depend on where you are going and which knife you are carrying.

Let me know everything.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Right side of right back pocket. My Super Blue Caly 3.5 is clipped there right now. With carpenter's pants there are more pockets and more options.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Since I carry anywhere between 12-17 knives...I would have to say everywhere...and then some special hidden places....Doc :)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
golddot370

Post by golddot370 »

My new resilience right side front pocket, Emerson cqc15 back right pocket, para 2 in the "cell phone" pocket of dickies pants, se delica right side pocket lose not clipped, se ladybug on my keys, bug on a ball chain around my neck, izula back left pocket. Se endura, military, se dragonfly, ce endura in my back pack. All day every day with out fail believe it or not. I once ran into a forum member a couple months back and he had more then me..
International Order Of The SpyderEdge
Spydiefanatic #370
Emersonaholic #370
Team KillboX #370
Proud member of the N.R.A
'MAY GOD HAVE MERCY UPON MY ENEMIES, BECAUSE I WON'T.'
General George S. Patton
Luke 22:36
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Always: one clipped in the right front pocket.
Almost always: another clipped in the right rear pocket or left rear pocket depending on what else I'm carrying at the time.
:bug-red-white
SteelyDan

Post by SteelyDan »

Right front pocket.
"I would rather wake up in the middle of no where than in any city on earth" (Steve McQueen)

"There are just two things money cannot buy. One is True Love, and the other is Home Grown Tomatoes"
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

LFP, RFP, and usually one IWB. At least those...well, one with my keys and another in the fanny pack.
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Depends what I'm wearing. In flip flops and a bathing suit it's usually just a Salt 1 in my pocket. However I don't spend most of my time by the pool (unfortunately).

Usually I have one in each front pocket (clipped) then a loose clipless FRN knife in my shirt pocket, either a D'fly or Ladybug. Also a fixed blade centerline on my belt or at 9 o'clock, depending on the knife and its purpose. I also carry a small flat fixed blade in a sheath in one of my rear pockets sometimes.
Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

When I'm off the job I carry just one blade. Usually right rear or right front depending on which knife I'm carrying. I never use clips in plain clothes.

When I'm on a job I have many dif uniforms with various gear but I will usually have between 3-5 blades spread out over pants pockets , belt , vest/coat and boots.
Orion's Belt

Post by Orion's Belt »

One larger folder clipped to the right front pocket and either a smaller folder in my right rear or an Izula in it's place.
-Ryan
Stugots-II

Post by Stugots-II »

I carry one in my right front pocket, a Salsa or similar sized blade on my belt and sometimes a bonus one in some other pocket that feels right with the clothing.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

My GB is almost always clipped to my LF pocket. But in cargo shorts I might drop it into the lower left pocket. Then depending where I am going and with who then I will usually also carry my GEC Gheppetto whittler into my RR pocket.

I will say tha I borrowed my buddies Techno and (despite the horrible and useless wire clip- there is already quite a deep scratch where it rubs back and forth on the Ti, and the ugly blue back spacer) I am really liking having that in my LF pocket and the GB in the lower left.

Total overkill for what I need to carry...but I just don't like not having the GB on me.
On the hunt for...
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Since I carry anywhere between 12-17 knives...I would have to say everywhere...and then some special hidden places....Doc :)
Special hidden places = butt carry, eh doc? :rolleyes:
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

If I wear jeans:
- Spyderco (PM2 or Military or GB etc) clipped in RFP
- SAK (Explorer or Farmer) clipped via S-biner in LFP
- Small SAK (Rambler) and AAA light in coin pocket.

At the very least
- Spyderco (PM2 or Military or GB etc) clipped in RFP
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Primary folder is always clipped in my right front pocket. Seconday folder and/or multitool would be in the bottom of my left front pocket.

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

My Jester is attached to my key ring which, in turn, is either clipped to a belt loop with a snap swivel or dangling from the ignition switch of my car. The watch pocket of my jeans contains a Kiwi or, on rare occasions, a Kopa from which the clip has been removed. Larger folders almost always ride, with the clip removed, in the left back pocket of my jeans. If I do carry one clipped, it goes in the left front pocket.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Normally, I like to carry two knives. A small one and a larger one. At the moment I have a G-10 Manbug (w/ZDP-189 blade) in my front right pocket. My Gayle Bradley (clip removed) is in a pouch on my belt. Jester attached to a Fenix LD01 (AAA flashlight) clipped in my LF pocket. Also, I carry a Case Texas jackknife loose in my LF pocket. Finally, I have a FRN Manbug in a kydex sheath hanging around my neck. I swear, the neck sheath idea really works for me. That is for something the size of a closed Manbug. I don't think I'd like a fixed blade with a 2 1/2" blade or bigger. No matter how else I carry a knife NONE are as easy to get to as the Manbug right there on my chest. If I wear it in public I usually wear it under my shirt. This is what I have on me around the house. I don't work any more and I find I need a knife around the house more that when I am away from the house. When out I like my Chaparral clipped in my RF pocket. I may have some of the others on me but the Chap is the go-to knife. I like all my knives and I mainly carry more than two because I bought the dang things, I want to use them also.

I like the case knife but I tell you, since carrying Spyderco's I can't carry only a pocket knife that requires two hands to open and doesn't lock. Just my preference. One hand opening is the main thing for me. Getting off subject again, time to stop. :)

Jack
Edit: I forgot. I carry a SOG PowerLock multi-tool on my belt quite often no matter where I am.
dalefuller

Post by dalefuller »

RFP unclippped almost exclusively. I do sometimes carry my Para or Millie IWB at about 10:00, esp if I'm driving. When using a pocket, though, nothing else gets carried in that pocket.

I'm not big on belt pouches for folders... don't have any big enough to need one. When I wear a smaller FB I like it on my belt at around 10:00 again for a RH cross draw. FBs with 4" blades or longer go on my right side.
Regards,
Dale

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935
bh49

Post by bh49 »

When I am out I usually carry C83 Persian in FRP, Caly3.5 in RRP and Moki Glory in watch pocket. At home or on the yard only C83 either FRP or IWB.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
APS

Post by APS »

RFP clipped tip up most of the time. If there's a Kahr in there, then it goes to right rear pocket if possible (no flap cover on pocket) or IWB. Outside of the house I always have a tool of some sort in the left front pocket, typically a Victorinox Alox Soldier loose and a leatherman style ps.