ZDP Ladybug vs ZDP Manbug

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Infinite Zero

ZDP Ladybug vs ZDP Manbug

Post by Infinite Zero »

I picked up the ZDP Manbug a few days back and figured a little comparison was in order. Since the ZDP Ladybug is also a FFG, these versions are the most direct comparison that can be made between the two knives. Enjoy!

Manbug is on the top.
Manbug is on the top.
Manbug is on the left.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

It is truly amazing how such a small difference in size translates to such a big difference in useability - at least for me. I have never warmed to the Ladybug. It always seemed too small for my hands and difficult to open one handed. The ManBug fits well in my hand and flicks open with one hand just like its larger brothers.

But when you put them side-by-side, the difference is shockingly small!

TedP
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Man, i PRAY that Sal makes a wharnie version of this knife. That would be so badass..
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

I always loved the Ladybug, I have a few versions and never had any issues with it, from opening to ergonomics.

I love ZDP-189 as well but the only thing that prevents me from getting a Ladybug in that steel is the missing serrations, shame that model isn't offered with it, I hope they get to that sometimes.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Spidey wrote:I always loved the Ladybug, I have a few versions and never had any issues with it, from opening to ergonomics.

I love ZDP-189 as well but the only thing that prevents me from getting a Ladybug in that steel is the missing serrations, shame that model isn't offered with it, I hope they get to that sometimes.
Sal has commented that in his opinion ZDP doesn't really work well with serrations. I'm assuming because it's so hard and chip prone.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David