C41GP5 Torx #6 clip screws

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Beanie-Bean

C41GP5 Torx #6 clip screws

Post by Beanie-Bean »

Guys,

Has anyone had their clip get "wobbly" on the Native 5 (C41GP5) model? I noticed that the clip was not tightened all the way down when I pulled it out of my pocket, and found that one of the screws (Torx #6) had come loose and was missing.

I tried tightening the remaining screws down, but it looks like one of them got stripped. The liners are fine, I believe, but I've left a voicemail to ext. 255 at the mothership for assistance.

I tested the threaded liners with some screws from a Delica4, and tightened them down as much as I could without possibly snapping the screw off in there. However, the clip still moves around with minimal pressure.

Thank goodness for the several dozen other Spyderco blades I am able to carry while trying to get this one working again.

Blue loc-tite is the recommended thread locker for the clips, correct? Thanks for any feedback/insight on this.

-BB
Spyderbitten in 2011 and haven't been the same since.
phaust

Post by phaust »

Can only help you with the last part--Spyderco uses blue loctite on the body and clip screws, so that would be fine. Purple will work fine, too.