darkgreeng10.darkgreeng10.darkgreeng10.TRIUMPHS!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sequimite

darkgreeng10.darkgreeng10.darkgreeng10.TRIUMPHS!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Sequimite »

While I haven't done one of my long bewildering rants on the virtues of Lil' Temp dark green G-10 for some time (or slammed the pathetic pretenders like foliage so-called green), I have never wavered in my belief that, like George Foreman, dark green G-10 would once again rise from obscurity to achieve greatness.

For whatever reason, perhaps Sal once narrowly escaped being crushed by a falling evergreen, since the final production run for the Lil' Temp Spyderco has ignored this noble color. Enter Knifeworks whose dark green G-10 Para 2 is selling out 700 units in less than a week.

Will dark green G-10 reclaim its rightful place in the regular Spyderco lineup, or will Sal & company once again toe the line of a world wide conspiracy that seeks to diminish and deny the truth about dark green G-10.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Slash

Post by Slash »

I prefer it stays exclusive to this exclusive only. Makes my two all the more special and did I say...exclusive. ;)
AKWolf

Post by AKWolf »

I agree it is nice to see Forest Green make a comeback. It hides grime better :D . What is the official nomenclature for this colored G10 :spyder: ?
9 er's.....

Latest :spyder:s...C173G, SC90FPGYE, C81GPGR2...
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

AKWolf wrote:I agree it is nice to see Forest Green make a comeback. It hides grime better :D . What is the official nomenclature for this colored G10 :spyder: ?
"Dark Green" is the name/description it is sold under. I've purchased dark green G-10 before. Unfortunately it and the knives it was to be used to customize never returned from the gentleman I sent them to. I'll have to get some more now that I'm setting up my own knife shop.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Diesel55

Post by Diesel55 »

I am really excited for this one. Like you, I am a bit tired of foliage green and can't wait for some nice dark green.
Spydies owned: Sage, Sage 2, Sage 3, Sage 4, Lum CF, Lum (foliage), Para Military, Gayle Bradley, Caly 3, M390 Military, Military (orange), PM 2 (orange), Dodo (orange), Manix 2 (orange), Manix 2 (moonglow), Merlin, Matriarch SE, UKPK (maroon), Chinook 3, Khukuri, Superhawk, Street Beat, Lum Tanto sprint, Massad Ayoob sprint, PPT, Shabaria, Persian (red), JD Smith (foliage), BayouShooter Endura, and P'kal.

Waiting for: Dark green PM2.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I'm looking forward to this shade of green as well. If it was going to be the Stag Arms green or another foliage, I don't think I would have ordered one. That green is going to look mean with some of the customizations I know our fellow members will preform.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

"This is a proto-type picture. Color may vary a little."

:p
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Eh. I'm not a big fan of darker greens but i love olive tone greens.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Sequimite wrote:since the final production run for the Lil' Temp Spyderco has ignored this noble color.
I know it might not be easy to tell in this pic, but in person, to my eye, they are just about identical:

[ATTACH]19635[/ATTACH]
Attachments
green G-10 (Small).JPG
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Jay_Ev wrote:I know it might not be easy to tell in this pic, but in person, to my eye, they are just about identical:

[ATTACH]19635[/ATTACH]
I would say that they probably are the same...different texturing and the black or silver blade will make the eye see the colors a bit differently.
On the hunt for...
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Jay_Ev wrote:I know it might not be easy to tell in this pic, but in person, to my eye, they are just about identical:

[ATTACH]19635[/ATTACH]
Perfect, you answered my question before I asked. :D
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

The big emblem on the blade put me off the Stagg Arms Manix, but they showed excellent taste on the scale color.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

xceptnl wrote:If it was going to be the Stag Arms green or another foliage, I don't think I would have ordered one.
Looks like you may be in for a bit of a disappointment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Jay_Ev wrote:Looks like you may be in for a bit of a disappointment.
I must have been seeing some really bad pictures of the Stag M2. In your pic above it is alot closer (if not identical) to the Lil Temp. Hopefully the KW Para is sharp enough to fillet bird because I am apparently having crow.
dman62

Post by dman62 »

I bought it because of the steel and the price. Only something like pink would have kept me away.
AKWolf

Post by AKWolf »

It looks like BRG maybe a shade lighter. :spyder:
9 er's.....

Latest :spyder:s...C173G, SC90FPGYE, C81GPGR2...
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

ROFL. :D What you might need is the USN Catcherman, but look on the bright side - it's green! :D
xceptnl wrote:I must have been seeing some really bad pictures of the Stag M2. In your pic above it is alot closer (if not identical) to the Lil Temp. Hopefully the KW Para is sharp enough to fillet bird because I am apparently having crow.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

It was predictable that the agents of the Illuminati would try to derail this thread as part of their continuing war against dark green G-10. But it is clear that the masses are demanding, now aided by Adam Smith's invisible hand, more dark green G-10. Will Spyderco continue to stonewall and obfuscate at the behest of it's Templar masters; or will it embrace the will of the people?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Sequimite wrote:It was predictable that the agents of the Illuminati would try to derail this thread as part of their continuing war against dark green G-10. But it is clear that the masses are demanding, now aided by Adam Smith's invisible hand, more dark green G-10. Will Spyderco continue to stonewall and obfuscate at the behest of it's Templar masters; or will it embrace the will of the people?
Ha ha! I love it! If nothing else, you definately give us some great reading material, Squimite. Loved the Da Vinci Code (the book) myself. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Ken44

Post by Ken44 »

IMO the knife sold so fast because of the steel, not the color.

I guess I could pull out a couple of my old Patagonia jackets from the 80's that are the same color... if dark green does comes back in style that is :p

I did order two, but do wish they would have used a more current shade of green. Hope to see an Olive or Foliage shade on a PM2 one day.