New Smallfly for sale at KC

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
captnvegtble

New Smallfly for sale at KC

Post by captnvegtble »

This is interesting. I thought these were being phased out due to restrictions on selling spyderco ballisongs. Anybody know anything about this or have a perspective on the Smallfly?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Knew there was a dealer exclusive in the works, but though that one was blue, so this may be something else. Beyond that, nothing except that the SmallFly is a neat little knife.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

Just ordered one from bladehq. They are foliage green, these came out of no where!
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

They're also selling them at Howe's
steeldust

Post by steeldust »

I'm confused...Why aren't these in the catalog? The autos are! Also, I just found a " spyderfly" ( 3" blade 154cm), black G-10 over ss, on another site. Spydiewicki lists spyderflys with 4" blades. Is this a real Spydie? spyderfly or a smallfly? I did just buy a green smallfly :p
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

steeldust wrote:I'm confused...Why aren't these in the catalog? The autos are! Also, I just found a " spyderfly" ( 3" blade 154cm), black G-10 over ss, on another site. Spydiewicki lists spyderflys with 4" blades. Is this a real Spydie? spyderfly or a smallfly? I did just buy a green smallfly :p
They could be a distributor exclusive, none of which get cataloged, or it could just be a case of nobody putting the page up yet.

As for the 3" SpyderFly, it's either a mistake (wrong name) or a fake. Which is more likely would depend on who the dealer is.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
grimace

Post by grimace »

I ordered one from GPKnives and then cancelled it after looking at my state laws. As far as I can interpret the law, it seems that a balisong is illegal to even own in Texas. I knew I couldn't carry one, but I thought I could own one at home. I guess not. Just not worth it to me to mess with.
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

I have wanted one of these for a long time. But like Grimace, I can't even own one. not worth the trouble. But still makes me SAD.
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

Got mine today!! Sweet little bali-song. I'm fairly new to bali's, this being my 1st Spydie-fly. Really solid!
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

This is legitimate, it is an exclusive through a Distributor.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

That's good to know, Kristi. I assumed that they were legit because I trust several of the dealers who were carrying them.

To be honest, I love playing with balis, but since I can't carry it around, I only need one in my collection. Probably 20 years ago I bought a Benchmade 42 when they came out and have played with it off-and-on ever since, so this fits my bill.

Plus, I have my bali pen to fiddle with!

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
steeldust

Post by steeldust »

Thanks TazKristi! I knew it was real ( the green one ) when I took it out of the box and saw the awesome fit and finish. Really,it kind of took my breath away.....I want a blue one too!
steeldust

Post by steeldust »

New smallfly in Digi Camo @ Blade HQ. Ordered one. I guess the blue one had glitches!
3Speedyfish3

Post by 3Speedyfish3 »

Nooo! The blue one is coming! I can feel it!

Randall